thoughts on the new tommee tippee product ...

o0Squeaks0o

Mum of a DD and expecting
Reaction score
so tommee tippee have brought out a new product
https://i44.tinypic.com/5mqg.jpg

https://m.tommeetippee.co.uk/perfect-prep/

the perfect prep. making what they call the perfect bottle in 2 mins.

Quick, easy & accurate bottle preparation Compatible for use with all brands of formula powder Filter system removes impurities in the water An initial hot shot of water kills bacteria that may be present in the milk All you need to do is measure out the formula powder and shake Machine accurately measures out the balance of water required Your bottle is then ready to serve at body temperature in under 2 minutes This method is up to 10 time faster that using a kettle
1 x Perfect Prep machine
1 x filter,
1 x 150ml bottle with slow flow teat
1 x milk storage lid

anyone liking this or another money making baby gadget ?

I think it sounds brilliant and the reviews have been great! I ordered mine today :) x

Definitely a money making thing BUT during the night I am quite sure such an item would be classed as a god send. If I end up formula feeding I would look into it x

I love this machine in theory, but for the price tag..not so much.
The thing is our kettle doesn't take 2 minutes to boil, so why couldn't you do your own hot shot of water and add some previously cooled boiled water to top it up? That's all the machine is doing anyway, and I'm guessing at some point you would need to add water to the machine, so it would be just as easy to keep cooled water in a flask or something.

With that said if we could afford one I might try it, but I don't think it'd be significantly faster!

we mix our formula ahead of time so the bubbles can dissipate from the shaking and mixing and store in the fridge for the day...really helped with LOs gas so if/when we use formula for the twins we will do the same thing...we just zapped in microwave to warm up and never had any issues and it takes less than 1 min to get a bottle from the fridge to the baby.... I get impatient with our keurig coffee maker taking too long so I cant imagine having to wait for this thing to go with a crying baby..and also price wise doesnt seem worth it...

I've ordered one today. Eva was a terrible sleeper, and with being so tired I felt quite unsafe at times going up and down stairs to make bottles. Meanwhile baby was screaming upstairs as I was scared of falling with her on the stairs so couldn't take her down with me. Tried a bottle warmer beside the bed, but hard to get temperature right, and fell asleep a few times without turning it off because i was exhausted, so stopped using it. Going to try this beside the bed - that way I can passify baby while it does it's thing. Not sur how it'll work out, but gonna try. :shrug:

For me it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't plan on giving bottles warm. Just at room temp so can prepare the water all in one go then just add formula as its needed. Ill just have both next to the bed at night.

The UK formulas aren't designed to be made up at room temperature anymore, they were all reformulated to mix optimally at 70c. Hipp organic was the only mainstream one and they have recently changed back to their old formulation and are now advising on the packaging to let the water cool for no longer than 30 minutes. If I was formula feeding I would buy it, I think it's a very good invention to make formula feeding as safe as possibly can be xx

we mix our formula ahead of time so the bubbles can dissipate from the shaking and mixing and store in the fridge for the day...really helped with LOs gas so if/when we use formula for the twins we will do the same thing...we just zapped in microwave to warm up and never had any issues and it takes less than 1 min to get a bottle from the fridge to the baby.... I get impatient with our keurig coffee maker taking too long so I cant imagine having to wait for this thing to go with a crying baby..and also price wise doesnt seem worth it...

It's not advised to pre make in the UK :flower: xx

i wouldnt we pre made DS (shock horror! lol) so 30 secs in the microwave and it was done!

interestingly enough when DS had a hospital stay they told me to preprepare his bottles and keep them in the fridge! not that im saying you should do that btw x

to me its a very over priced water heater. You still have to put the powder in and shake it.

We have a rapid boil kettle takes about 2 minutes also and then pop the powder in, yes we have to cool it down but in a jug of cold water it takes no time.

I personally will be pre filling my bottles with water, keep them in the fridge, take them out when needed, put powder in, then warm to take the chill off.

Everyone one says this (and the literature) about not pre-making bottles, and then certinaly not warming them in a microwave.

But honestly ALL my mummy friends do exactly this....and all those babies are fine. Seems so easy to do I can't imagine people not doing it when they need.

How much is this gadget!?

Everyone one says this (and the literature) about not pre-making bottles, and then certinaly not warming them in a microwave.

But honestly ALL my mummy friends do exactly this....and all those babies are fine. Seems so easy to do I can't imagine people not doing it when they need.

How much is this gadget!?

Last time I looked £99.

We made Rs bottles 'properly' the first month or so mostly because she was new and more vulnerable then we just added the powder to pre boiled water and microwaved.

Id just bulk buy the cartons for night feeds the first while if i were to formula feed again.

Lol I saw this today at the baby show looks like a glorified kettle
If u ask me lol

to me its a very over priced water heater. You still have to put the powder in and shake it.

We have a rapid boil kettle takes about 2 minutes also and then pop the powder in, yes we have to cool it down but in a jug of cold water it takes no time.

I personally will be pre filling my bottles with water, keep them in the fridge, take them out when needed, put powder in, then warm to take the chill off.

But dont you need to use boiling water to sterilise the milk powder?

yeah pre filled with boiled water but i would do 6 at a time, the kettle was a rapid boil one so didnt take long.

then popped them in fridge till i needed them

Yes hun. Infant baby powder is not a sterile environment, therefore you need the powder to get into contact with the hot water (well 70C or higher) (a kettle is this temp after about 30mins).

You can choose to make a few up this way and store them in the fridge and just take the chill off when they come out the fridge if you want. Or make them as you need with hot water and cool off under cold tap.

You should take a flask of hot water out with you when your out and about and not just cool boiled water.

Liquid formula (pre-prepared) has been sterilised already. :baby:

I just got very excited about this until I realised that you still had to put all the milk in ect. I agree, very expensive kettle!

Like someone else said, I made all my bottles up with both dds and stored them in the fridge. And will do the same this time.

Please remember that when my dds were born that was the way we were told to do it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->