thoughts on the new tommee tippee product ...

If you are pre preparing the bottles with powder it they need to stored in the back of the fridge not the door as the temperature isnt constant :flower:

If you are pre preparing the bottles with powder it they need to stored in the back of the fridge not the door as the temperature isnt constant :flower:

I knew it had to go somewhere but not the door :coffee: Thank you x

to me its a very over priced water heater. You still have to put the powder in and shake it.

We have a rapid boil kettle takes about 2 minutes also and then pop the powder in, yes we have to cool it down but in a jug of cold water it takes no time.

I personally will be pre filling my bottles with water, keep them in the fridge, take them out when needed, put powder in, then warm to take the chill off.

But dont you need to use boiling water to sterilise the milk powder?

Yes hun. Infant baby powder is not a sterile environment, therefore you need the powder to get into contact with the hot water (well 70C or higher) (a kettle is this temp after about 30mins).

You can choose to make a few up this way and store them in the fridge and just take the chill off when they come out the fridge if you want. Or make them as you need with hot water and cool off under cold tap.

You should take a flask of hot water out with you when your out and about and not just cool boiled water.

Liquid formula (pre-prepared) has been sterilised already. :baby:

Yay, I knew this! Although I hadn't even wondered about the ready made which is shocking since I've bought some, should have looked into that so thank you! I just thought the person was saying that they were planning on making their bottles up with cooled boiled water, which wouldnt kill the hidden nasties!

Bed time for me hun, but will reply to your inbox asap! xx

Well we would have found it useless, contrary to the UK guidelines SMA Staydown for reflux babies needs to be made with refridgerated boiled water. You could only get away with heating it up a little as the formula could clump up.

Even if money wasn't an issue, I wouldn't buy it until I was sure the milk or formula i chose was right for my LO

I think it is an awesome concept and would probably put it on my registry if I wasn't planning on breastfeeding.

to me its a very over priced water heater. You still have to put the powder in and shake it.

We have a rapid boil kettle takes about 2 minutes also and then pop the powder in, yes we have to cool it down but in a jug of cold water it takes no time.

I personally will be pre filling my bottles with water, keep them in the fridge, take them out when needed, put powder in, then warm to take the chill off.

But dont you need to use boiling water to sterilise the milk powder?

Yes hun. Infant baby powder is not a sterile environment, therefore you need the powder to get into contact with the hot water (well 70C or higher) (a kettle is this temp after about 30mins).

You can choose to make a few up this way and store them in the fridge and just take the chill off when they come out the fridge if you want. Or make them as you need with hot water and cool off under cold tap.

You should take a flask of hot water out with you when your out and about and not just cool boiled water.

Liquid formula (pre-prepared) has been sterilised already. :baby:

Yay, I knew this! Although I hadn't even wondered about the ready made which is shocking since I've bought some, should have looked into that so thank you! I just thought the person was saying that they were planning on making their bottles up with cooled boiled water, which wouldnt kill the hidden nasties!

Bed time for me hun, but will reply to your inbox asap! xx

Tbh I did the boiled water from the fridge from birth with ds1 mw suggested.

This time I will be making 4 bottles up at a time then putting in the back of the fridge and heating as needed.

Trust me when you have a baby screaming for food the last thing you want to be doing is boiling kettles adding poder cooling down etc.

personally I wouldn't spend the money on it, I'm hoping to BF this time round but it didn't work out with DD so we ended up doing formula and its not that hard to make up a bottle in the night.

I used to get the bottles prepped before i went to bed (half full with cool boiled water) then when it came to make a bottle I'd boil the kettle, pour in the other half of water and add the powder shake and hey presto perfect temperature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->