Thoughts on this boys name

beanzz

Reaction score
Help please! We are team yellow but really struggling to come up with even one name that both OH and I like but I'm really trying...

OH likes Ayrton ... Thoughts?

I'm struggling with making it sound like a name rather than a place in my head and what nickname can you give someone called Ayrton?? :shrug:

I love it Lucas was going to be Ayrton cant really remember why we changed our minds but it was on our boy list this time round :flower:

I'm actually impressed you've heard it before let alone like it :haha: amazing! I'd never heard it til he mentioned it, not a fan of f1 either so didn't know the name from that.

Did you ever manage to think of how you'd shorten it before you changed your mind? With Oakley it was really easy I mostly call him Oaks :haha:

We wanted a name that couldnt be shortened this works well for that :haha:

OH is a huge F1 fan I wasnt convinced at first but it really grew on me, we did get a lot of "your calling him what" though and just as most people had got their heads around it we changed out minds :blush:

Ive never heard of it, and I honestly have no idea how to say it.

Overall, not a huge fan of names I can't pronounce easily straight up.

It sounds entirely made up to me, I don't care for it at all. Sorry!

Sorry, not my cup of tea at all either.
But for nicknames, you could use "Ayr" (like air) or even "Tony". I'm assuming you're pronouncing it air-ton?

The only one I know of is the F1 driver! It's nice though, I like it.

We wanted a name that couldnt be shortened this works well for that :haha:

OH is a huge F1 fan I wasnt convinced at first but it really grew on me, we did get a lot of "your calling him what" though and just as most people had got their heads around it we changed out minds :blush:

Haha! Yea this name would be perfect if I didn't want to shorten it :haha: :dohh:

Sorry, not my cup of tea at all either.
But for nicknames, you could use "Ayr" (like air) or even "Tony". I'm assuming you're pronouncing it air-ton?

Yea I've done some googling for the correct pronounciation and air-ton is the least complicated way of saying it. Would mean I got a little nature theme going I guess, oaks and Ayr :haha: not sure I could ever love it :wacko:

I like it if it's said "Air-ton" :) it dies sound made up but it also sounds just like a unique name :)

My son's friend is called Ayrton :) I like it, I've not heard anyone shorten his name but Air works.

I'm with most others, I don't really like the fact that I'm not 100% sure how to pronounce in when I read it

I like it, I know the name from the f1 driver though so it doesn't sound made up to me

I like it because of the Senna connection but I'm not sure how it's meant to be pronounced - most Brits say AIR-ton but you also hear a lot of people saying eye-AIR-ton (sort of), and I think that was the "correct" pronunciation that he used. I'd be worried I was mispronouncing my own baby's name!

Just makes me think of Ayrton Senna. Not that that's a bad thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->