Thoughts on this name for a boy?

mammywannabee

Reaction score
Ruby.. As in theirs a jockey called Ruby Walsh and I love the name i know its seen as a girls name normally..What are others thoughts?? :)

I personally don't like it for a boy but that's just my opinion. XX

It's girlie, but kind of sounds like Rudy, which is a boy's name.
I say go for it. :)
The name we like and might pick can be for either sex, but definitely sounds more boyish. I'm sure people will not like it but I don't care. ;)
Lately I've heard of boys named Leslie and girls named Wesley, Tyler, and Hunter. So anything is acceptable!

I don't like it. But I say go for it. If that's the name you really want and nothing else sounds better to you, then its meant to be.

My opinion is, if its something you want, don't go based on what others say of yes or no. Cus honestly this is YOUR BABY, no one elses. If you go based on what everyone else suggests you may not ever be happy with the babies name what so ever. Know what I mean? I refuse to give opinions on baby names cus I didn't like people judging mine :)

It's definitely more girly these days, but I quite like it for a boy. What if you named him Reuben and Ruby as a nn?

Well Reuben is my choice tbh cos then it can be shortened to Ruby.. But my cousins expecting twins n they also like the name Reuben even though we've had that picked from per conceiving lol.. Will find out this afternoon as they have the gender scan I have made my feelings well known on the fact they've stolen my name for a boy so fingers crossed they have 2 girls lol xx

I don't like it for a boy Just my opinion sorry ! X

I wouldn't choose it for a boy personally, I like the idea of shortening Rueben though. But if you love it, go for it!

For me Ruby will always be a girls name. But again have to agree with all the suggestions for using Reuben, for the ability to shorten it to a nickname.

End of the day the choice is yours though :)

Agree with the others, Rueben could be a good way of calling him Ruby as a nickname, but on its own I feel it's too girly for a boy - you may like it and it's of course your choice as you are the parents, but bear in mind he would have to live with it for life xx

Go for what you like :) my names Leigh and everyone tells me irs a 'boys name' but i like mine as i never find any other female Leighs! Also my OH twin cousins are called Ashley and Stacey so just go for what you love xx

Ruby.. As in theirs a jockey called Ruby Walsh and I love the name i know its seen as a girls name normally..What are others thoughts?? :)

Personally it's not for me, but DH and I like different names and know there will be plenty of people who don't like ours. We're going for it anyway, you can't make everyone happy! I've seen people get rude comments for naming their baby something as ordinary as Jacob because it's "too common" :wacko: Seriously! There's always going to be critics and I think you shouldn't name or not name your child something out of the fear of other people's ignorance.

So I say go for it! :flower:

It's not my personal choice for a name, but hubby and I also like different names. I'm sure we're bound to hear more, since we already have, about people not personally liking our name choices. We're still naming our kids what we love.

Listen to what everyone is saying on here about not choosing a name based on everyone's opinions. It's your son, and the ladies on this thread will not be his peers. Don't let our personal opinions for name preferences taint your decision. PLEASE. Stick with what you love, which is Ruby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->