Thoughts on treadmills please - Update

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
So after finding out my cholesterol is up abit I need to exercise regularly:dohh: I love the outdoors but wouldn't be arsed at this time of year. I love cycling/walking but again not at this time of year and would have to go to a forest because the neighbours laugh at the women round here if you go out walking :roll:

So as not to be a laughing stock we are buying a treadmill:happydance::yipee:

I have wanted one for a long time but money just wasn't stable but oh has got a job now thats a little bit more steady plus our son has said he'll chip in some money for it too:happydance:

So has anyone got one? I think they'll be perfect for me as then I can do it in the morning when Katie is having her nap and Joe is playing or I can do it in the evening or both:cloud9:

So is there anything I should go for in particular, I have no clue:dohh: I don't think we'll be spending anything over £350.

Thanks guys

xxxxx

I spent over £1000 on a good treadmill after I had Chloe and i just dont rate them, nothing like the ones in a gym, the impact on my knees was a killer and I do/did regularly go to the gym because im in the forces. The treadmill is still in the garage over 2yrs later like brand new!

I would advise you to get a crosstrainer they arent as expensive and its more of a full body workout and less impact on the knees. The treadmill was really noisy too. Hope that helps. x

we used to sell these awesome proform treadmills at Home Shopping Network (yes I worked there) that had a fan in it. Of course I played with them. They seemed really strong, stable and the fan was full of win. I am a big sweater (I glow buckets! LOL) and get really hot so I found this fabulous. I've seen the same brand at Sears for reasonable. And usually there they are set up so you can play with them. The incline worked well too.

If you do get a treadmill - I suggest making sure you get one that has the incline, etc. Because I was told at the gym I used to go to that walking on the same incline at the same speed isn't as good for you. You need to switch it up a bit or else you get too used to it.
As ChloesMummy suggested - I'd look into the crosstrainer, or elliptical as I hear them called more frequently, because they are an even better workout. You feel like you've done a lot more than when you get on the treadmill! I think it'd be more worth your money!

I would advise you not to buy ANY piece of equipment, and instead rent. You'd be looking at around £25 month for a gym grade treadmill. Just google 'rent gym equipment'. If you're still using it after 6 months, then thats the time to look at buying one.

What is it that you're wanting to achieve from exercise?

I would advise you not to buy ANY piece of equipment, and instead rent. You'd be looking at around £25 month for a gym grade treadmill. Just google 'rent gym equipment'. If you're still using it after 6 months, then thats the time to look at buying one.

What is it that you're wanting to achieve from exercise?

Lose some weight hun plus tone my legs & bum mainly but mainly my thighs:dohh: I might buy a 2nd hand one and see how I go on that, hoping this will just be a kickstart for me to get in shape because I have a bike that I actually love and used twice a week last year for 6 months ( 6 miles a time ) but its too cold at the minute and I hate exercise bikes as I used to have one and got bored very quick, I may well get bored of the treadmill too hence maybe buying a 2nd hand one and seeing how I go first:happydance:

If you want to work on your legs, I really suggest the crosstrainer!
Plus, unlike a treadmill you can do it so you're jogging, or you can move backwards so it works the opposite leg muscles, as well as because you have the handles to hold that move with you, you can do an upper body workout sometimes by using your arms to move your legs.. (if that makes sense... lol)

I never thought of renting one! That's a great idea!

I bought a cross trainer/bike combo and it is great. Cost £220 from Amazon, but we used to pay £45 each a month for the gym membership. Its very durable and we have had it over a year now, its also really challenging which has kepy me going back for more!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitne...sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1234288895&sr=1-7 thats what we have :)

Ive just bought a reebok cross trainer from argos half price £150 reduced from £300! bargain really, i dont like treadmills as i have big boobs and it hurts my chest when i run, so at least i can control it a bit more on a cross trainer lol xx

Anyway after lots of looking and researching I finally bought a treadmill tonight :yipee: Its got the incline thingy and looks good, can't wait till it arrives now :D

Thanks for all your thoughts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->