Thread you may want to read from Baby Club

erikab922

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hello from Baby Club! I posted something last week which I think might be really helpful for some of you in the weeks/months after you have your baby. Something no one had ever mentioned to me/told me about and no one ever talks about. Well, I brought it up and it turns out it is *super* common and I was so relieved!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1855405-theyre-called-intrusive-thoughts.html

Hope this helps some of you in case this happens to you. :flower:

Oh I used to get that when my son was between new born and 6 months! I used to get flashes in my head when I was walking downstairs carrying him of what it would look like if I fell at that presis moment with him my harms! All the injuries he would have etc

It is pretty freaky when it happens but I soon brought it up to my friend who's baby was only 3 days younger and she was the exact same! Apparently its really common xx

My children are 13 and 14 and unfortunately the feeling that something horrible will happen to them does not go away the types of worry just change. My daughter recently went on a school trip to Paris for 5 days and I was a nervous wreck. Of course she had a wonderful time and nothing bad happened but it didn't stop me worrying.

Thank you for posting, I also feel it's nice to no I'm not loopy as my DH and some friends with kids can't understand why I feel this way.

I do this now & bub isn't even here yet! I will be walking down the stairs & wonder what would happen if I tripped & fell & imagine myself just tumbleing down the stairs, a little like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0pwxUmHBrM

I do this now & bub isn't even here yet! I will be walking down the stairs & wonder what would happen if I tripped & fell & imagine myself just tumbleing down the stairs, a little like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0pwxUmHBrM

Same here!!

Oh gosh, I so needed to read that. I honestly thought I was being the craziest pregnant woman ever.

I'm constantly getting myself upset imagining my baby getting hurt or other bad things happening to her, and I was getting so concerned because if I'm this worried about it before she's even born then I'm going to be a nervous wreck once she's here. I feel like I am NEVER going to be able to take my eyes off her for even one second in case something happens.

After DS was born, I had the baby blues for a few weeks and the hardest thing for me to deal with was knowing that we were all going to die. What a thing to think about after giving birth and watching the start of a new life!

Those intrusive thoughts left with the baby blues - good riddance! But now, with DS in daycare and away from me all day while I'm at work, all sorts of crazy pops in my head - glad it's normal to be crazy :)

:shock:

Wow, I'm completely baffled.

I really thought I was crazy or something was wrong with me and even guilty for having "intrusive thoughts."

And the explanation for why we have them makes perfect sense!

Thanks for posting this! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->