Threatened Miscarriage

Hawaii

Reaction score
Hi guys. After years long battle with infertility, I've fallen pregnant with a shocker BFP during a "natural cycle". But, I'm a bit disheartened right now. Here's a little background on my pregnancy. My LMP was 1/21 but I'm positive I didn't ovulate until around CD21 or 2/10 (thanks PCOS!) I started getting positive pregnancy tests at 9dpo but didn't have a beta until 17dpo - it was 573 and my progesterone was 15.2. At 19dpo, my hcg had gone up to 1014. That day I was instructed to start taking 200mg oral progesterone as I'm a bit low. The morning after that first pill, I woke up to spotting and cramping. This continued, very light, only brown for a few days. Then I had one episode of bright red blood mixed with brown and pretty decent cramping so I went to the ER due to my history of ectopic. I had a pelvic exam (saw brown blood, no red, and my cervix was closed), and a transvaginal ultrasound (gestational & yolk sac visualized, no fetal pole, and was measuring a day ahead based on ovulation - 5 weeks 5 days). My HCG was 9300 which I thought was a nice jump between Monday am and Saturday pm.

They told me I have a 50% chance of miscarriage, or that I have a
"threatened miscarriage". I was told to take it easy, no hiking or gym like I love. I'm extremely active and use exercise and outdoor recreation as a distraction, but can't do that right now, which is okay because anything for the baby, but I'm going crazy just worrying with nothing to distract me. I haven't had any red since Saturday (the night I went to the ER) and it's back to really light brown spotting, and the cramping has been mild.

Looking for those who have experienced this.. a threatened miscarriage/spotting/bleeding in the first trimester. How did it end for you??

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I really hope this turns out to be ok for you, I can't imagine what your going through.

With ds2 I had two separate occasions of bright red bleeding. Luckily both times the scans at the epu showed baby was ok and they never gave me any reason for the bleeding, by my 12 week scan everything had settled down and the rest of the pregnancy was very easy. Fingers crossed for you

I had bright red bleeding at 9 weeks with this baby that lasted about a week also cramping baby was fine they found no reason for my bleed I'm now 21 weeks pregnant and so far everything is fine with my last pregnancy I had brown spotting at about 5 weeks then again at 7 weeks pinky red this time has a scan baby was fine he's now 2 and half so just to let you know that it's not always bad news and most of the time things turn out fine x

I had period-like bleeding with my son for a solid 7 days, from about 15dpo.

I had a scan at 5+4 and was very lucky to see a fetal pole with heartbeat (didn't with my daughter until 7 weeks).

It sounds to me like your pregnancy is progressing beautifully, and I don't see how a teeny bit of bleeding that was mostly brown is a threat, it's really common! This pregnancy now is my only one where I haven't bled at all.

Bleeding can be so common in pregnancy and they don't always have a reason for it, but health professionals do seem to like to use the term threatened miscarriage.

I had a massive bleed at 14 weeks pregnant and was kept in hospital - it was literally pouring out and I was convinced that was the end of the pregnancy. It was just one random huge bleed and then went to just when I went for a wee and then turned brown for a few days.

I was given no reason as to why I'd had the bleed and the hospital refused to scan me to find out - which really annoyed me (put very mildly!).

I was given an internal and my cervix was closed; I was told if it was open then baby was on its way and there was nothing they could do, but they said blood was coming from behind the cervix but still they didn't know why and didn't really want to find out!

I paid for a private scan in the end and they found two clots which had caused the bleed, come my 20 week scan (which felt like the longest wait of my life) the clots had been reabsorbed and had gone. Touch wood, no bleeding since that random one and I'm now 24+2.

I have my fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy for you, please just don't be put off by the terminology the medical staff used - I think a lot of the time it's to cover their backs. When I left the hospital it was very much, well this pregnancy might work out and it might not which is really not helpful!!

Xx

Hearing that people have had bleeding and still a healthy baby gives me some hope. I got my first bfp yesterday and then today I had some light bleeding and cramping. It freaked me out but unfortunately my OB isn't open on the weekends and I don't know if it constitutes as an emergency or not! I am going to test tomorrow to see if my bfp gets darker and call my OB when they open at 7am on Monday! I hope OP's baby is fine too!

I am going through this too, and it is terrifying. I had a miscarriage in 2013 that began with light brown spotting for a few days, and then a bleed, and my baby was gone. I tried to concieve again for 3 years, and had just given up, when I became pregnant again!
I am 6 weeks 3 days, and have been spotting brownish discharge since thursday. I am so scared.
I had an ultrasound on friday, and there was a heartbeat, which was so comforting, but Im still scared. I will call the midwife tomorrow, and see if they will check my cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->