Three month old getting to sleep

caz_hills

Reaction score
I'm seeking some advice please...,

My daughter is three months old. The last week every nap means constant crying to get to sleep. She shows all the signs of tiredness - rubbing her eyes, yawning etc and I'm trying to catch it early / at the right time so She isn't over tired. But then she cries/screams - I hold her, rock her, walk up and down with her. I try putting her down (makes it worse), feed her and she still is so upset. It is about 20 minutes every time.

I think she is teething as She is very dribbly and shoving her fists in her mouth. She has never self settled as yet but naps and sleep were never this bad!

Any advice? X

My daughter went through this stage around 2 or 3 months. I would hold her to sleep but she would still cry herself to sleep! It eventually passed but not sure how so no advice, sorry!

Does she have a dummy? That's what works for my DD along with a comforter to rub her face on. xxx

I have had really good luck with a crib mobile. She stares at it, which distracts her from crying, then falls asleep on her own. Before then, at around 3 months, I was experiencing everything you're describing.

If you don't have a crib mobile yet, I hope it helps. I got one of the brightly colored developmental mobile. DH says if he had to lay under it, it would give him motion sickness lol but she loves it. The trick seemed to be having one that had a motor, as she fussed under the still one after just a few times looking at it, unless I spun it by hand which kind of defeated the purpose imo. Let me know if this helps! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->