Throat infection, head cold and Blocked Sinus!! How can I make it go away

ClaireBear79

Expecting No.1
Reaction score
Oh Guys I feel so sick, I have Pharingitis (inflamation of the Pharynx) a head cold with headaches and a Sinus Infection!!
I REALLY don't wanna take an antibiotic or Paracetemol because I don't want any harm to come to baby!!
I have been taking Hot water with Manuka Honey, Oj, and staying in bed but it's been going on 4 days now and I'm fed up!!
Has ANYONE got any remedies that'll help, I feel so fed up!!!

Claire xxxxxxx

Before 12 weeks, you really can't. I was quite sick with just about the same a couple weeks ago. Lots of clear broth or chicken noodles soup, Orange juice, water, and rest. Lots of rest. Sleep whenever you can. I was sick for 5 days, with it peaking around days 2-4. The only medication you can take is plain, regular tylenol.
Just take care of yourself as best you can. Take a hot shower or put your head over steam with a towel to give yourself some relief from sinus pressure.
You'll get through it. <3

Try a netti pot and garbled warm salt water as well...sorry ur feeling so sick:( feel better soon!

Try a netti pot and garbled warm salt water as well...sorry ur feeling so sick:( feel better soon!

I have NO IDEA what a Netti Pot is!!!! I guess it's not available in Ireland!
I've gone off all my food, more so cos I can't taste it and I just feel so shit. My head is pounding, Nose is blocked them runny, I'm sneezing, coughing and I can't even sleep and believe me ALL i wanna do is SLEEP!!! :sleep:

DAY 4 ON THE COUCH AND I'M GOING INSANE!!!! :wacko:

Any more Help????

Claire xxxxxxxxx

A netti pot is a little pot that drains salt water into your sinus'... it goes in one nostril and out the other. If it's not available I'd recommend sitting in a hot shower and breathing in the steam or putting your face over a steaming pot of water (not boiling!). Salt water nasal spray following the steam, and hopefully they will help clear out your sinus'.

I'm just getting over a sinus infection and I'm only 4 weeks today. I couldn't breathe through my nose at all Friday night, and every time I swallowed it would put more pressure in my sinus' and I wanted to cry!

Sorry you feel awful, and hope you get some relief!!!

Antibiotics wont harm your baby. I was on antibiotics in very early pregnancy with 2nd son for tonsilitis and sinusitis the doctor wouldn't prescribe it if it was unsafe. Also in my first pregnancy I developed a kidney infection and was prescribed antibiotics for that. Both boys were big healthy bruisers at birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->