Throbbing dull ache in cervix?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I've never had this before (I dont think I wouldn't remember even if I did) I have the usual lightening crotch and it definitely isn't that! And it isn't painful, it feels like my cervix is aching and throbbing, Its quite uncomfortable but no pain what so ever, has anyone had this and is it normal? Or know what it is?

Oh I'm 36+3 too

I've never had this before (I dont think I wouldn't remember even if I did) I have the usual lightening crotch and it definitely isn't that! And it isn't painful, it feels like my cervix is aching and throbbing, Its quite uncomfortable but no pain what so ever, has anyone had this and is it normal? Or know what it is?

I had that with a couple of mine. My ob-gyn said that the cervix is just reacting to having to hold all the extra weight of the baby and amniotic fluid, like when your feet hurt at the end of a day of standing. It was always worse when I was walking a lot (which was literal miles on days I worked) so if you're walking a lot you'd notice it more. It isn't dangerous or anything, just like you said, it's really uncomfortable.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy flies by!

So crazy i had this like a few days ago like a sharp pain in my lower tummy i guess cervix then later i was just bloated all day

It's really hard to explain, it's not sharp, neither is it a pain, it's kind of like.... when your ovulating you get a dull ache in your ovaries, it's like that but in the cervix, or how you feel after having a smear test done, and it's there whether I'm stood up or standing, it makes me fidget back and fore as it's quite distracting. Really hoping it's my cervix actually starting to thin out, as I had a few contractions all day yesterday too!

Cud be ure cervix softening more hon and shortening or just the weight of baby pushing down.
U done so well to get this far hon. Hope he comes soon and doesn't keep u waiting. Ire nearly full term that's amazing. \\:D/

Cud be ure cervix softening more hon and shortening or just the weight of baby pushing down.
U done so well to get this far hon. Hope he comes soon and doesn't keep u waiting. Ire nearly full term that's amazing. \\:D/

I hope so! 37 weeks tomorrow so I've done pretty well keeping my legs crossed :rofl: I've been contracting very irregularly too, never mind 3 weeks left!

You've done so well making it this far! :)

He's full term now bev he can come when he likes, which will probably be 2 weeks over due knowing my luck :haha:

Probably! He does seem to like teasing you! :haha:

Yes, Im having this. Especially at night. For me its a bit painful at times but a bearable pain. Feeling lots of pressure down there like you are actually conscious its your cervix hurting and lots of sharp needle prick like pains on and off.
Honestly, Im welcoming these little pains, as they are accompanied by some mild irregular contraction which doesnt last. But you feel like yur body is making some progress in its preparation for labour...Im 36+2 weeks today and cant wait

I hope so! 37 weeks tomorrow so I've done pretty well keeping my legs crossed :rofl: I've been contracting very irregularly too, never mind 3 weeks left!

Hahahaha u have done so well keeping ure legs crossed hahaha. Ure amazing <3

I’m also having aches and pressure in my cervix sometimes I feel the baby will fall out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->