Throwing up CONSTANTLY - WORRIED

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
Maley was diagnosed with reflux months ago and we were using Cow&Gate Carobel to thicken her feeds which was fine but the last few days she is bringing up EVERYTHING including water, milk and ANY foods.

Is this reflux? its actual bile/vomit from her stomach. she has been sick 15 times today.

she is fine in herself, no temp or anything and is happy, only a bit clingy.

she is developing a rash on her neck from me constantly wiping sick from it.

WHAT SHALL I DO?

and those using GAVISCON, did it make a difference straight away?? did it stop the sickness?

oh and to mum with older babies who had reflux - when did your LO grow out of it??

Not sure what to suggest because we've been having a huge amount of trouble the last 2 weeks too... There have been days she has vomitted literally every 5 mins... And it does end up being watery after shes uked a number of times.

I spent the past week calling her doc all day but they are constantly busy. So im going to walk in tomorow and get them to see her... How the heck are you supposed to make an appointment if you cant get through the lines?!?!?!?!

I hope you get some answers soon!

I wonder if it's a tummy bug Rachel?? Try get in at the Dr's in the morning hun - you dont want her dehydrating. x

To me it sounds more like a stomach bug with the what she's throwing up. I would try giving her smaller amounts to drink at a time instead of letting her suck down a couple ounces at a time and see if she's able to keep that down, like a teaspoon at a time every 5min. When we've taken our boys to the ER for throwing up like that at that age that's what they had us do, because it's much better than trying to get an IV. If you can't get her to keep anything at all down even like that, or her diaper isn't wet for hours I would take her in make sure she isn't dehydrated

I wonder if it's a tummy bug Rachel?? Try get in at the Dr's in the morning hun - you dont want her dehydrating. x

funny you say that cos she wouldnt eat her lunch but downed 3oz of watered down juice then screamed so much i gave her another 3oz which she drained again

To me it sounds more like a stomach bug with the what she's throwing up. I would try giving her smaller amounts to drink at a time instead of letting her suck down a couple ounces at a time and see if she's able to keep that down, like a teaspoon at a time every 5min. When we've taken our boys to the ER for throwing up like that at that age that's what they had us do, because it's much better than trying to get an IV. If you can't get her to keep anything at all down even like that, or her diaper isn't wet for hours I would take her in make sure she isn't dehydrated

thank you. her nappies arent that wet.....

she isnt hot or anything though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->