Thrush..?? Canesten? Please help!

AK89

Reaction score
I'm like 99.9% sure I've got thrush. I've had it before and it feels exactly the same. I thought I'd see how I get on first as OTC treatment is expensive, but it just got more and more unbearable.. I read one thread on Mumsnet about pregnant women taking Canesten for it so thought it'd be OK, but then when I bought it and got it home and read the instructions, it says to consult your midwife/GP first before you use it.. I got the duo cream (internal and external), so I thought hopefully if I just avoid the internal one I'll be fine, as I basically had no choice by this point than to try it! But now I'm a bit worried :/ and I don't know whether to carry on using it / what to do. Have any of you ladies had this before and used Canesten?? I just wanna know it's safe :wacko:

Cream is perfectly safe, always been given it and used/using it for my thrush. I seen gp she said it was fine for pregnant women to use one where you insert the tablet up there but taking tablets is big no.
I had tablet up there few weeks ago and it worked but i started antibiotics it returned grr.

I was told the cream is fine, but not the pessary or the tablet. I've used the cream with no problems. x

I had this twice earlier in my pregnancy and I got prescribed the pessary by my doctor. The first time just one and the second time I got two pessaries prescribed, worked like a charm. It's safe. Id like to add I had internal thrush, there was nothing on the outside so no cream needed. :)

I've also used canesten cream and it's fine x

I'm using it right now as I'm having a terrible time with thrush too atm and it's perfectly fine. I'm not sure about the pessary though xxx

I used the pessary and cream when I was about 9 weeks and it was fine. I didn't see my doctor or midwife (and had to lie to the pharmacist and say I wasn't pregnant because they wouldn't let me buy it without a prescription!), but DH is a doctor and said it was fine to use.

I used the double strength cream and the pessary both prescribed by my gp! Maybe give them a call as ul get it free on prescription. Also when i went to Asda pharmacy they wouldnt give me it as i was pregnant and told me to see my gp. Its took rather longer than normal to get rid of this time though im assuming with being pregnant. Hope u feel better soon x

Thanks guys :) Been using it a few days now and it is feeling much better but I'm gonna carry on until I've been feeling perfectly fine for a few days to be on the safe side I think! Oh the joys of pregnancy eh?:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->