(Thrush medication?) will thrush affect my chances?

mytimewillcum

Ttc #1
Reaction score
Hay ladies so i'm currently 5 dpo and got thrush! :( haven't had it for a good couple years!! And never in my tww! ... I have purchased canesten cream for external use, and I have a thrush tab to take orally prescribed off the doc called fluconazole... i'm worried it may interfere with implantation :( if I do infact plant a seed this month :)..
or am I being silly?,

All opinions appreciated!

I used just the cream when I was in tww with my first. Think the cream is alright. Never harmed my ttc efforts! I still fell pregnant! Hope u feel better soon :(

I used just the cream when I was in tww with my first. Think the cream is alright. Never harmed my ttc efforts! I still fell pregnant! Hope u feel better soon :(

Yh I am more worried abou taking the tablet... think I will also stick with just the cream for now, unless it gets worse and I REALLY have to take it ... thanks for your reply :)

Id just use the cream. My friend got thrush the month she got her bfp. Good luck

The fluconazole is not recommended during pregnancy, it wouldnt affect implantation but studies have not proved its safety yet so id wait to use that just in case but the external cream is fine! You can also get canestan pessaries which are ok for use during pregnancy but its advised to use your finger to insert rather than the applicator xx

I haven't had thrush in years until just a few months ago and surprise BFP! Unfortunately not a sticky bean for me, however.

I am currently dealing with another bout of thrush and hoping and praying it also leads to BFP....I am just using external cream and making sure to change underwear frequently (when possible)

The fluconazole is not recommended during pregnancy, it wouldnt affect implantation but studies have not proved its safety yet so id wait to use that just in case but the external cream is fine! You can also get canestan pessaries which are ok for use during pregnancy but its advised to use your finger to insert rather than the applicator xx

Ok i'll use the cream just for now... thanks

I haven't had thrush in years until just a few months ago and surprise BFP! Unfortunately not a sticky bean for me, however.

I am currently dealing with another bout of thrush and hoping and praying it also leads to BFP....I am just using external cream and making sure to change underwear frequently (when possible)
I've decided I will just use the external cream,
I hope it's turns out to be a sticky bean for me! .. GL, and I hope it's the same for u :)

No probs hunni I've suffered with bouts of thrush since my teens, best advice ever is changing your diet, cutting sugar and yeast, I've not suffered in years now! The thrush thrives on these so if you cut them out it makes a massive difference, good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->