Thrush that wont go away!

CelticNiamh

Reaction score
I seem to be getting trush every month so fed up, I went to the doctor and Im on a cream she gave me the pill but as Im still feeding my DD she decided not to let me take it. Im ok with that but I have been reading up on supplements to take and what diet to go on to prevent it and was wondering if any one else had the same problem and got rid of it. I have it in my mouth as well :cry:

I gave my DH the tablet as he has to have it may be reinfecting me!!

Im also getting a blood test for my thyroid and blood sugars.

I used to get re-occurant bouts of thrush too & put the problem down to tampons.
Ever since I stopped using tampons, the thrush never came back.

Thrush is blimmin awlful.

Hey sweetie

You need to go back to your doctor and ask for treatment that wont affect your breastfeeding. She should at least give you Nystatin for your mouth. Start taking Lactobacillus acidophilus (from Boots or Holland and Barrett) to redress the balance of yeast in your gut. Avoid alcohol and sugary foods. Natural yoghurt on a tampon or a bicarb of soda bath can give instant symptom relief.

jane99 I know so annoying!

booflebump She rang me and gave me a cream that was safe to use while breastfeeding, I was able to get some mouth gel today as well. I read low zinc levels can cause it but will pop in to Hollands and Barrettes and pick some of that up. I really hope I can get rid of it for good now.

Thanks for the tips :thumbup:

Has it been confirmed as thrush? If not, you need to have swabs.
It could be an allergy or irritants and not thrush therefore not responding to treatment
xxx

Treatment works all right only it keeps coming back! every month lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"