Thrush? TMI?

MrsKLMJ

Reaction score
Hello All!

I recently had a smear test and everything came back normal except that I had thrush. I suffered very badly with thrush as a teenager and I thought I had got rid of it but I guess not.

I think the reason it may have come back is due to the amount of BDing me and DH are doing at the moment. We both took a thrush tablet a week ago and seeing as AF was due we have abstained for a week. We have just started BDing again and I am starting to feel the familer throb of thrush again. :( He seems to be feeling a few symptoms too.

Can thrush cause infertilty?

Any advice about how we can kick this without stopping our BDing?

Sorry if TMI but I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks Girles

Sometimes those tablets can do more harm than good. I once asked for one at the doctor (this was in the U.S. where you couldn't get them at the store) and she explained that the pill they give you kills off the fungal infection, but it also can imbalance the healthy bacteria in your vagina that prevent it coming back too. Something that I've found that works because I don't like the pill or the creams you can insert with an applicator is just changing my diet (lots of refined carbs, aged cheese, beer & wine tend to inflame it) and eating more healthy bacteria (the real live bio yogurt and taking probiotics - also those Yakult drinks you can get at the supermarket are great if you don't like yogurt).

Then just keeping things from getting/staying too moist down there (making sure to change after working out or if I've been sweaty, wearing cotton panties, etc.). Also, it won't get rid of it, but it can help prevent it, I really like BioFem gel (it's a ph balanced stuff that looks like lube that you insert if you feel like the thrush might start to come back, especially if you get it at the same time every month). That said, I don't know how great it would be for sperm so I might not use it around your fertile days. It's supposed to rebalance the vaginal ph which should be good for TTC, but I don't know and probably wouldn't chance it. I don't think thrush itself will cause problems with infertility long term, but it might make your vagina too acidic for sperm (that's just a guess) in the short term. More than anything, it probably just isn't very pleasant during sex.

Hope it's better soon!

To be honest I wasn't even aware I had it until my smear came back!

I had had some pain during sex but TMI alert-- my DH is quite well endowed and sometimes is can be a tight fit so that is what I thought the pain was.

I have heard that you can get Thrush from rushing into sex I.e not being lubricated enough BUT i also heard that using lube can also cause it! I dont know what to think ?!

I used one of those pessaries last night so hopefully it will sort everything out!

Thanks for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->