Thrush - what do you do?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've got thrush for the first time in my life and I'm stuck. I know yoghurt is good and luckily I have some natural yoghurt in the fridge so I've had a bath and I'll put it on in a bit probably before bed. Apart from that I'm stumped. Does it clear up on it's own if I wash etc or do I need to see a Dr. Should I get cream/tablets from the chemist? Do you have any home remedies?

Thanks

Main thing is to keep yourself clean (not saying your not!) just clean every day and wear cotton underwear to help air circulation. Its stops everywhere getting too warm and letting the bacteria breed. Wear things like skirts and a nightie or something at night, again to help air. I would also suggest using the cream to help sooth and also helps speed up recovery.

Its a while since you posted this so hope your okay now :flower:

If its not cleared up yet go & ask the chemist for something - I've had it before & they gave me a pessary & cream & it cleared up really quickly!

I apply natural, unflavored, probiotic yogurt which works amazingly, it sooths aswell (just make sure there is no added sugar) what I do is apply some and also put some on a pad and sleep with it on, can be uncomfortable but it much better than the burning itch, also canesten (sp??).

Thrush is horrible, hope it goes away soon !

Don't wash with soaps, just rinse with water gently, thrush is caused by interfering with the ph balance, soaps completely mess this up, as do antibiotics, some lubes, scented pantyliners, tampons and sugar.

Wear cotton undies (not thongs), looser clothing (skinny jeans and tights aren't a good idea). Cut down on sugar, especaially when you have a case of thrush.

The only treatment I would go with other than otc meds would be the plain yogurt - the others may work but sound a bit random?!

Prevention is better than cure :)

The raw garlic clove works. I've used that before.
I found that yogurt was the most effective, however.
If you can find a copy of Rosemary Gladstar's book:
https://www.amazon.ca/Herbal-Healin...7674/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306043499&sr=8-2
She offers lots of good natural remedies that are aimed to support your whole immune system against the infection, not just treat the yeast infection itself. I found that book quite useful when I had a series of the wretched things.
Hope you are feeling better by now!
If not, definitely consult a doctor.

Treat your OH too as he can have it but no symptoms, and he'll just keep infecting you again.

i put salt and vinager in my baths
goes away after a few long soaks :thumbup:

i also get an oral pill from the chemist
as i hate touching the area when it's sore

but salt and vinager always works for me

x​

i'm going to assume that you're all sorted now :) but if not, i bought a canesten pessary when i had it i only had it once and it was the worst thing ever :( it went pretty much overnight so i definately recommend xx

A course (30 days) of a good quality multi-strain probiotic works a treat for thrush as the cause is an imbalance of good friendly bacteria and opportunistic 'bad' bacteria.

A good quality multi-strain probiotic works really well as the main cause of thrush is an imbalance of healthy bacteria and opportunistic 'bad' bacteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->