Thumb still tucked in, normal?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Bunanie, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bunanie

Bunanie Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, dd has found her hands and feet and grabs every colorful thing in sight, but her thumb is still half tucked in, so when she's grabbing something, her thumb is not stretched out like the other four fingers, is that normal?

Which also means she shoves two, sometimes four fingers (two from each hand :wacko:) into her mouth to suck instead of just using her thumb...

Didn't worry me at first until mum noticed a friends 3 month old has his thumb out....

2. minnieoxox

minnieoxox Well-Known Member

Every baby is different remember, but my lo has her thumb out but she still sucks on her fingers.

3. knighty29

knighty29 Member

could it be trigger thumb? my oh had it as a baby

4. Bunanie

Bunanie Well-Known Member

How do you know if its a trigger thumb? X

5. greenbeans12

greenbeans12 Well-Known Member

Babies are all unique and do things differently. My DD is both right and left handed. Your LO may not of caught onto the concept of using her thumb or she may just prefer not to use it. I would not be concerned with it but if it's truly bothering you then make a doc appt and ask for the pediatricians' opinion.