• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thump-thump-thump!!

cmco

Reaction score
I'm so excited, I just had to share...yesterday, my husband and I went for our first appointment, and after a frustrating marathon of trapsing around the clinic for bloodwork, consultations, and never-ending waiting room stays, WE HEARD A HEARTBEAT!!!!! :happydance: I know I'm not the first mother-to-be to have this reaction, but it was THE single most amazing, awe-inspiring, beautiful thing I have ever heard! Since I'm only 10 1/2 weeks, the doctor said she wasn't sure if she'd be able to find it but she'd try. So after about a minute of rolling the transducer around my abdomen only to hear my own heart beating (rather quickly!), she was mid-sentence saying "It doesn't mean anything's wrong if we don't find it--sometimes it just---there it is!!!" 160 beats per minute and strong! My husband and I looked at each other and just beamed. It's really real, now!! I don't think until that very moment I fully believed there was another little person tucked away oh-so snug inside my tummy...it was AMAZING!!

I'm sure you all have similar stories...did hearing the heartbeat change things for you? It was just so beyond exciting for us that I had to share!!

Happy New Year! :headspin:

awwww sounds like such a special moment, i cant wait til i hear mine,

We got to see and hear our HB at our 8wk scan. It was so amazing to see it flashing away and to hear it. I actually laughed. I couldn't believe how FAST it was (178bpm). It was so amazing. Totally made it 'real'.

Awwwwwwwwwww it is a great sound eh hun! You may not be the first as you said, but hey, it is not something you get to hear every day, and it also brings it all home to you, that you are actually carrying a little person in there!!! :dance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->