Thursday's pain and heartache (tmi)

butterbaby76

Reaction score
hi all, si i went thursday to have my coil removed with all awareness of coming out and feeling a bit yucky. But my nurse couldnt find the strings to my mirena coil although another nurse said she saw them 3 months ago at my smear check. she was gentle and tried to manipulate the strings away from the cervix but still nothing after three attempts and no dr available to try i was feeling a bit sore/bruised and she told me to get an appointment at the f.p - i did the same night and the dr there tried 3 times with the long nose instrument and still nothing and she tried with her fingers and she tried again with the long nose thingy and evetually i was bleeding quite heavy she gave up !! she packed me off with a huge sanitry towel and told me to wait for an appointment at the hospital, ive now got to go for a scan to "locate" it which could take a few weeks -so you see im not only battered and bruised and in terrible stomach cramp pain but also ive got to wait just another set back :cry: and wait for whatever way they decide to remove it because they are sure its not fallen out just moved ??? totally heart broken and fed up !!!:hissy:

:hugs:

I'm having one in July.. I think I'm going to be so paranoid I'll be checking for my strings everyday for awhile :shock:

Hope they are able to get you a scan quickly!!

awww i am sorry it wasn't so straight forward for you, fingers crossed you get your scan date very soon :hug:

ive had it in for 6 years so dont get me wrong it is fab ive never had a ny probs with it its just things havent gone my way lol so im sulking for a bit :blush:

Sorry that it didnt go to plan hunni, make sure you rest if you are in pain.
I hope you dont have to wait long for the scan x

Ouch!!! Im having mine removed friday. Wasnt looking forward to it anyway. I havent had my strings checked in the last 9 months.

I hope this gets resolved for you soon :hugs:

Oh that's awful hun, I can't belive it was so much hastle!
Hope you don't have to wait to long for it to be 'located' and removed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->