thyroid issues anyone else??

nic_ttc_no3

Reaction score
Me again....

I have thyroid issues that are managed by 100mg of thyroxine a day i never realised if my levels dip it can stop me ovualating!!!

Im now gonna make an appointment for my levels to be checked

i was diagnosed with thyroid issues after having #2 3 year ago

anyone else in this position and know if my levels are low how long it will take to start ovualating again once there are back to normal??

Xx

I also have thyroid issues and take 0.75mg of synthyroid a day. I have never heard of this but every time I get my blood work done she tells me that mine is within the limits it should be and has never told me this... I hope it is not the case.

I have been taking it for a good 6 years now. Just recently started TTC since December 2013

I was diagnosed with Grave's disease about 5 years ago and had my thyroid removed. I'm on 137 of Levo every day. I get my labs checked every 3 months or so because my levels use to bounce around a lot, however I have been stable for about a year now. I never knew that levels could affect ovulation, good to know!

Shedevil18 i hadn't either until spoke to an online doctor lastnight and not trusting them 100% i rang to speak to my doctor this morning and he confirmed it i am worrying now as last month i did miss a couple of my tablets so don't have a clue where i stand in.my cycle now.

Also for the last 6 month we have been trying and getting excited waiting to see if AF turned up i might not have even been ovualating.

I have been feeling very drowsy lately and put it down to stress of ttc but starting to believe it may have been.my levels as they have dipped in the past also come to think of it my hair hasn't been feeling the best and my nails snapping which is symptoms i had last time.

Im taking 100mg levothyroxine Xx

Missstacy its crazy how much your body needs your thyroid isn't it.

Apparently the hormone your thyroid makes is essential to the baby in first trimester as it helps it develop.

My thyroid doesnt function.at all but they said they want to hold off removing it if they can help it till im older but with my levels bouncing allover i am expecting it to be removed

fx for you to get your bfp soon Xxx

I was diagnosed with a thyroid issue almost 3 years ago and my levels fluctuate. I'm currently taking 25mg of levothyroxine daily. I go in next week to check my levels again and to see if he needs to up my dose. Me personally, I feel my thyroid messes up my chances of conceiving :(

I also have an underactive thyroid ! Glad to hear of some other woman here in the same boat as me. I can very happily tell you that I have never had any problems conceiving :) Its very possible! My pregnancy was great, no problems at all, birth, no problems at all, my dd healthiest child I've even known :) We are currently ttcing again, Good luck everyone, I have heard that its a good idea to make sure your levels are within range, I was blood tested all through my pregnancy to make sure I was getting enough.
I'm currently taking 50mcg per day,which is less than what
i used to, as I stopped taking it for a while as I was sick of having to take pills, was trying to address alternatives, but we decided it was time to TTC so had to go back on them gradually.
I cant be positive that I ovulated last month, I felt like I did anyway, we were together everyday to give it the best chance. I'm still hoping :) Good luck everyone again, I know its possible for you to have a wonderful pregnancy, even if you have a thyroid issue!

Yeah i have been feeling the same i hope it isn't effecting me ttc as i haven't been pregnant since being diagnosed.

Glad to hear you had health pregnancys with thyroid issues i hope we are all as lucky as you and goodluck ttc

I am seeing doctor tomorrow to see what next step is for me :-/ very nervous lol.

Even though its not a nice position for any of us to be in im so glad to have found some ladies in the same boat as me i.don't feel on my own anymore lol.

Fingers crossed for us all to get bfp very soon.
Come on little ones we want to be your mommies xx

Yeah i have been feeling the same i hope it isn't effecting me ttc as i haven't been pregnant since being diagnosed.

Glad to hear you had health pregnancys with thyroid issues i hope we are all as lucky as you and goodluck ttc

I am seeing doctor tomorrow to see what next step is for me :-/ very nervous lol.

Even though its not a nice position for any of us to be in im so glad to have found some ladies in the same boat as me i.don't feel on my own anymore lol.

Fingers crossed for us all to get bfp very soon.
Come on little ones we want to be your mommies xx

Let us know how you make out. Hoping everything goes well for you

Been to doctors they have took bloods to check thyroid function and sorry for tmi but did internal and my pain is defiantly my left ovary and i have signs of pregnancy but still bfn :-\

I have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow and then back on Friday for results of bloods

so confused right now

also im in UK if anyone has noticed time difference lol xx

Been to doctors they have took bloods to check thyroid function and sorry for tmi but did internal and my pain is defiantly my left ovary and i have signs of pregnancy but still bfn :-\

I have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow and then back on Friday for results of bloods

so confused right now

also im in UK if anyone has noticed time difference lol xx

Hopefully the ultasound shows you are pregnant! Good luck! fx for you

Thank u my partner is coming with me tomorrow and we are both very nervous as i have myself
xx convinced it will ve disappointing news

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->