Thyroid, medication or early pregnancy symptoms?

carla321

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here, although I have been reading the posts on this site for a couple of months now. I wasn't sure where to post this so also posted in tww.

I hope my question makes sense and I'll try to be as brief as I can!

I am not currently ttc but we use withdrawal, my boyfriend isn't keen on ttc at the moment but I admit I'd be more than happy if I were to get pregnant now - so every month I do tend to symptom spot just incase! I've paid close attention to my body for a few years now so notice anything unusual.

I have 3 children (youngest is 6) and I breastfed them all. Sorry if this is TMI but since I stopped breastfeeding my youngest, I have been able to squeeze a drop of clear liquid from one breast - used to always be the left one but i took the mini pill for 7 months last year and since then it's been the right breast for some reason lol - I guess it was the change in hormones. This cycle since 4dpo I've had an increase in this and it is now in both breasts. The strange thing is, I wasn't really expecting anything to come out that early (as it's normally only there the week or so leading up AF), I checked my bb's partly out of habit in the tww but mostly because I had strange mild cramps after :sex: that night and it got me wondering if the cramps were a very early pg sign. I was totally surprised that not only was it in both bb's but in one was a big thick creamy drop and I remembered this was an early sign when I was pg with my daughter.

I'm now 7 dpo and still have it in both bb's but not as much as on 4 dpo when I first checked. So I'm not wanting to get my hopes up, especially as 4 dpo is extremely early for symptoms, and I've been trying to think of anything else that could cause a hormonal change after all these years, and the only thing I can think of at the moment is my thyroid medication which I have been taking since the beginning of the year, I was told I was borderline low and am taking the lowest possible dose of thyroxine and my levels are now ok.

I know thyroid problems can cause all sorts of symptoms so does anyone know if thyroid medication could cause this? I have been taking the same medication since the beginning of the year but 2 weeks ago I was given a different brand but was told the tablets were the same as my old ones, I don't know if this would make any difference. I've tried to google for any answers but can't find any, sorry this has been so long and thanks to anyone who reads! I have been feeling confused but do feel a little better now I feel I've told someone.

I don't really know for sure, but I have just been diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism and now know that this can effect prolactin levels (which would explain something I noticed a few months ago!! lol!!). Perhaps worth mentioning to your doctor and see if the new medication may work differently for you than your old medication?

I've only just been diagnosed (seeing my GP re: treatment this week) so I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of quesitons? Did you have a lot of symptoms of an underactive thyroid before you were treated? Did you find an improvement once you started? Do you think you had it when you had it before you had your other children?

Sorry for the inquisition but this is all new to me right now! x

I don't really know for sure, but I have just been diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism and now know that this can effect prolactin levels (which would explain something I noticed a few months ago!! lol!!). Perhaps worth mentioning to your doctor and see if the new medication may work differently for you than your old medication?

I've only just been diagnosed (seeing my GP re: treatment this week) so I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of quesitons? Did you have a lot of symptoms of an underactive thyroid before you were treated? Did you find an improvement once you started? Do you think you had it when you had it before you had your other children?

Sorry for the inquisition but this is all new to me right now! x

Hi, thanks for this you've been really helpful and I'll speak to my doctor as something's obviously not right, and although the leaking seems to have stopped at moment, I'd still like to know why it happened and if it could again.

No I don't mind answering some questions at all - I don't know if it's because my thyroid levels were only borderline low but any symptoms I had were not that many or obvious really. I felt quite tired and found it difficult to lose weight and I asked my doctor for a thyroid check as I'd had a borderline result once before and wanted to know if that was the reason for my tiredness. I have found an improvement since taking the medication but haven't managed to lose any weight yet, but if I'm honest I haven't really tried hard to lol.

I had my first borderline result just before I got pregnant with my youngest, so about 7 years ago, but wasn't put on any medication and everything seemed ok during my routine blood tests throughout the pregnancy.

I hope I've answered your questions and good luck with your treatment! x

Thanks so much for your reply. I am wtt for #1 so have been getting a bit worried with all the literature out there about thyroid problems and fertility, you've reassured me a lot. Those are pretty much the same symptoms I have, so it's comforting to know that it can all be ok!!

Best of luck with the doctor, hope you get it all sorted.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->