Tight Tummy

Lola472

Reaction score
So lately my belly- mainly my lower abdomen- has been crazy tight. It's almost painful at times (more at night). But usually it's just uncomfortable. I don't know if this is normal. I assumed my belly would obviously tighten up a good bit but I'm only 17 weeks. Do you think it's just gas or something?? Has anyone else had this?

My belly has felt a little bit 'tight' but i dont find it uncomfortable :shrug: mostly just strange.
Sorry i couldnt help :flower:

Could be Braxton hicks?? I know that my little man lots to push himself out on one side or another and it makes it tight, but not my whole bottom of my tummy. Lol,

i had a ton of braxton hicks too at around 15-20 weeks too, but they aren't as frequent now (at 25 weeks). I know, they feel so uncomfortable sometimes!

My tummy goes tight when im about to "pop out" a bit now and again.
It happend around 23 weeks, i had a tight belly and woke up massive! ..
my belly is tight tonight too, i told OH and he just laughed and said "erghh, put it away babe!" haha always makes a joke about things!..
so it could just be that?
but im kinda scared that im gonna pop overnight again now and im feeling massive as it is now! .. all worth it for my boy tho :flower:

xx

Oh I really hope I don't pop! I guess time will tell on that one.
Braxton Hicks- really? Interesting. I didn't know you could get those at 17 weeks. And it's okay to have those this early?

You actually have contractions throughout your entire pregnancy- they're just so light that you don't notice them. It's normal to have tightenings early in pregnancy. As long as the pain isn't excruciating, it's probably nothing to worry about. You should still mention it to your doctor though, just so they know what's going on. I would guess it's either BH contractions, your belly growing, or just your little one moving about. It's probably nothing bad. :D Anytime you become concerned, definitely ask your doctor! It's better to be safe, rather than sorry!
Good luck! :flow:

Yeah, I'm gonna say Braxton Hicks. I'd ask your dr. They are GREAT at knowing
exactly what your talking about.

I think I'm starting to get BH :wacko: My bump gets real tight at the bottom and it comes up to the top of my bump and just feels really tight all over (last 2-4 minutes) then it gradually stops. Kinda hurts, but pretty much just uncomfortable. They've been getting worse though. I'd ask your doctor :flow:

Lol mine gets tight on one side or another- but I think it's Azaria pushing himself out because it is only in one spot. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->