Time for 2nd meal?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Josh has been having babyrice now for 2 weeks, he has 2oz milk and teaspoon rice, then 5oz milk afterwards...

But my problem is he normally takes 7oz every feed, but his 1pm feed the last few days he's been taking 9/10oz, is it time for a 2nd meal?

Or do I do something else for dinner first like carrot?

Im lost!!!

To be honest i dont think there's a right or wrong...do what you feel is right....but try and introduce new stuff earlier on in the day just in case of a reaction or something. Ive read so much advise but ended up doing what i feel is right for my little boy. All children are different.

I did 1 week of baby rice mid morning (approx 11am). He was loving it and hungry so i did baby rice 2 times a day for a few days (mid morning and tea time) and then introduced Banana poridge in the morning instead. I did that for 4 days.
I started on the purees yesterday for the morning solids and moved the banana porridge to tea time. Im going to give each puree 2/3 days to see how we go. I strated with potato as it was bland...yesterday he was fine, today his face went blochy an hour later. Dont know if it was the potato but im trying carrot tomorrow instead...and will come back to the potato at a later date to see if it was that that caused it. I'm hoping not LOL.

Sorry...ive rambled on...:wacko:
xxxx

Thanks for replying.

I'll try carrot tomorrow lunch time then and see what happens x

How old is he?
Id stick with a 2nd meal of baby rice for now, carrot can be a bit fiborus (sp?) and can be hard to digest before 6 months.

If hes over 6m (feels ignorant for not knowing) it should be fine.

How old is he?
Id stick with a 2nd meal of baby rice for now, carrot can be a bit fiborus (sp?) and can be hard to digest before 6 months.

All the weaning books/online help ive read(uk based) all recommend carrot as one of the 1st purees to try even at 4 months....along with other non green veg.....potato, parsnip etc..

xx

How old is he?

All the weaning books/online help ive read(uk based) all recommend carrot as one of the 1st purees to try even at 4 months....along with other non green veg.....potato, parsnip etc..

xx

I just went out and bought a bag of carrots, got a bit worried then!

When i did my nvq, we were told that carots and parsnips were hard to break down and that potato was aswell because of the high starch count,

Silly cos people my age were weaned on mash and gravy

Silly cos people my age were weaned on mash and gravy

LOL true......thing is these recommendations and guidelines change on a monthly basis.....go with instinct is what i say.

Kim- There's some decent info on the heinz website..i know they sell the products but the say carrot is ok as 1st weaning food too even at 4 months. i'm not trying to sway you...if you're not comfortable with it dont try it.
I'm going ahead as i planned though.

Here you go...this might help you going forward..
https://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/advice/first-foods-advice.aspx
https://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/media/750629/heinzbaby_mealplanner.pdf

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back