time for co sleeping to end?..

T

tinytoes

so i dont want to end up witha child who will only sleep in my bed...Ted is 8 weeks old tomorrow so I've decided that he should at least start the night in his own bed...hope it wont be too tough - he usualls falls asleep laying down breast feeding - hope I can manage to get him to sleep i my arms or his bed.....wish us luck!

Anyone else made the transition well?
I'll miss him!! (I'll only be across the room though!!)

I swapped Colton at 3-3.5 months. He has done pretty well. He actually sleeps better in his crib because we are not there moving & waking him.. and we sleep better there because he isn't moving & waking us. So it turned out better on both ends.

8 wks is good timing because you dont want them to get so they cant sleep anywhere but with you. Mine wont sleep unless on my breast so as soon as she is really asleep i lift her up one hand under her head the other under her bum and carry her into her bed- she doesnt even notice the transition! :)

We moved Hannah from cosleeping into her cot at 6 weeks and havent looked back. We got a tip from a MW to swaddle her and then place her on a blanket rolled up at the sides so she felt snug and it worked for us.

This is what she looked like tucked up:
https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2255/incotoz0.jpg

Though she is now in a grobag as she is too big for her blanket and we have removed the pillows. We still cant get her to fall asleep on her own so sshh her to sleep at bed time and she falls asleep on the breast during a night feed

We moved Hannah from cosleeping into her cot at 6 weeks and havent looked back. We got a tip from a MW to swaddle her and then place her on a blanket rolled up at the sides so she felt snug and it worked for us.

This is what she looked like tucked up:
https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2255/incotoz0.jpg

Though she is now in a grobag as she is too big for her blanket and we have removed the pillows. We still cant get her to fall asleep on her own so sshh her to sleep at bed time and she falls asleep on the breast during a night feed

cute! I'll be trying that tonight!!

Olivia was around Teds age. She kinda gave us signs that she was ready for her own bed. So we gave it ago & the first few weeks she ended up in bed with us towards early morning. But after starting her on solids before bed she slept through. She def prefers her own bed & room. We dont disturbe her now.
Good luck!!

Skyler turned 3 months old 3 days ago and I wanted to start 'weaning' him from co-sleeping too......but after one hour I took him out of the crib and into our bed! I miss him too much and I love it when he wiggles his body closer to mine.I need rehab!!!

Good luck. Charotte sleeps in a bassinet next to my side of the bed and I can't manage to get her into her own crib in her own room...that's all me though, I don't want her that far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->