Time to start weaning my baby

P

princess_vix

Saw health visitor today and explained that Ryan used to sleep through now wakes up early, has started chewing his hands (one of the signs) and milk is not enough for him and not filling him up.

Anyway she has suggested because he's a big baby (not fat but weighs 17lbs cos of his length) to begin weaning him and starting with baby porridge.

So tommorrow i'm off out to start buying weaning materials.
Anyone got any advice on how to start and what you r baby enjoyed and how you began to wean them?
Have read books but i think it's better from people who have actually been through it properly

Feeling quite sad that i need to start weaning him but health visitor has said he will not wait until 6mths for deff.
I just feel as if my baby is growing up to fast :cry:

But i know i need to do this because he was so upset tonight i've never seen him so distressed because he was so hungry and have never seen him like this.
Plus he usually drinks 5 bottles, today he has drank about 9 :cry:

Anyway advice would be helpful as i don't have much of a clue :D

9 bottles ... ouch :shock:

Well the best thing to do is just use plain baby rice/porridge for now made up with formula as that will be the closest thing you can get to it iykwim? Just make up a tiny bit at first, perhaps with half an ounce of milk and sit him on your kneww to give him a try.

He probably wont take any for the first couple of goes though, give it a try and see what happens. Brooke was weaned early though so a little different to the whole 6 months weaning process .. wel the same, just drawn out somewhat.

Is he on the hungry baby milk already?

Yep hungry baby milk made no differen!

He deff is ready for food when we eat he moves his mouth tries reaching for our food and stares at in continuously!

It's madness.

Thanks Polo i know he probs wont take to it at first but HV said just to keep trying! xx

That is a hell of a lot of milk, where does he put it all? :rofl:

i agree i would start with baby rice and just stick with that for a while if it help because he is still so young i wouldnt want to try anything else until his body gets used to digesting the baby rice first, then can maybe move to puree'd veg strangly carrot was the only thing my lo didtn like while weaning .. he loves it now so i dont quite understand that but he really wouldnt have anything to do with it, lol.
my lo was 6 months for weaning so he took to it instantly and just wanted more and more, but with a younger baby like you said it may take a while to get him into it, but even a teaspoon of babyrice will probably help keep him satisfied for longer than just milk.
sounds like you have a very healthy ans strong baby hun :) good luck with weaning

alys had some baby rice at about 4 1/2 months and took to it straight away hun but we stopped as she wasnt taking her milk as well so we miss judged the signs for weaning but now she started again and is eating 2 meals a day of puree and BLW which she loves.
i hope he enjoys it as much as aly did hun, and now we get her blowing rasberry's at us so today i got covered in mango! lmao!1

xxx

Foods I did in order (I make my own so not sure if you can find all of these in the stores):

baby rice
barley cereal
sweet potatoes
bananas
sugar snap peas
oatmeal cereal
peaches
cherries
carrots
beets

.. am going to do wheat cereal soon so I can start her on mixed cereal when I use up some of the other cereals :)

I found Elyse likes vegetables a lot better than fruits :shrug: so I'm going to stick with those for a bit..

When I started out the first couple days I just did a couple of teaspoons, then I went up from there as she got a bit older etc.

Little bugger is getting beef or chicken soon too... she's not going to be a happy monkey!!

I think dex may be on his way to food. He wakes up so much for food and he used to sleep through. His hands are constantly in his mouth and when I am eat he micmics my chewing. He is also reaching for food but I am going to wait as long as possible or may try a bit of formula at night.

I have the same prob, HV told me to try a little bit of rice and see if it interferes with feeding...

I gave him 2tsp of baby rice this morning and then he went and took 8ozs of milk (hungry stuff)

Saw health visitor today and explained that Ryan used to sleep through now wakes up early, has started chewing his hands (one of the signs) and milk is not enough for him and not filling him up.

Anyway she has suggested because he's a big baby (not fat but weighs 17lbs cos of his length) to begin weaning him and starting with baby porridge.

So tommorrow i'm off out to start buying weaning materials.
Anyone got any advice on how to start and what you r baby enjoyed and how you began to wean them?
Have read books but i think it's better from people who have actually been through it properly

Feeling quite sad that i need to start weaning him but health visitor has said he will not wait until 6mths for deff.
I just feel as if my baby is growing up to fast :cry:

But i know i need to do this because he was so upset tonight i've never seen him so distressed because he was so hungry and have never seen him like this.
Plus he usually drinks 5 bottles, today he has drank about 9 :cry:

Anyway advice would be helpful as i don't have much of a clue :D

oh how i know what you mean lol
my twins take somewhere between 5 and 10 bottles a day EACH!lToday when they got up they had 3 bottles in less then an hr :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->