Timing contractions ? What is considered regular?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of stomach pains off and on today, along with nausea, went to a wedding and the pains got very uncomfortable.... Once I got home I laid down and could tell the pains were coming and going so I started to time them, I timed the first 2 at 7min and the next one at 8min, then 9min....... What is considered regular ? Do they have to be to the min? Or would 7-9 randomly be regular? The pain is really low mid pelvic area and shoots into my lower back butt hips and shoots pain into my vagina..... Not feeling major tightening of stomach when this happens though...: I have only had back labor , feeling uncertain yet concerned as I'm only 32 wks :/
Any input as how to time them and what is regular would be very helpful! Also do these pains sound like contractions?
TIA!

I think they sound like contractions m they should be all the same time apart to be regular. I would ring triage and tell them though just in case they want you to get checked since your only 32 weeks

I would get them checked out. I wouldn't call them regular but it's always better to be safe xx

Definitely call and see if they want to get you checked. One of my pregnancy apps that I used last pregnancy said to call in if you have even 4 contractions in an hour.

It might end up being nothing but it's best to get checked out. I had several episodes of seemingly regular contraction type things that ended up not being anything major and I had just been overdoing it.

My doc has said that if you have 4 or more contraction type pains in an hour and you are not 37 weeks then he wants you to call. So I'd call. Hope all is well.

Thanks ladies ! I was struggling to stay awake and time them as I have been beyond sleep deprived.... I zonked out shortly after this post.... Woke up to lots of cramping but no contractions today.... Should I still call my dr about this episode? Even if its different today? Or is this just a false normal preparation for the real deal?

Sounds like contractions, how long did each last? Maybe call for peace of mind, or do you have an appt coming up soon when you could mention it? Oh and they'll probably ask if you're drinking lots of water, dehydration can bring on contractions.

They sound like Braxton hicks to me hun, I had this at 34 weeks, went to l&d and found out I was having regular Braxton hicks due to irritation from a water infection x

I used to have Brixton hicks with my first pregnancy constantly sometimes very regular. I'm sure I had an episode of 10 in an hour once but I was sure they were BH. If they were painful I would get checked. Usually contractions don't stop though even if you're sleeping x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->