Timing??

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
When you have a short surge, when do you BD? I just recently realized that my surge only lasts 24-36 hours. With BBT and OPK I can see it....For example last cycle I got a positive OPK late afternoon/early evening(about 6ish) on CD 12, pos OPK CD 13 and neg opk CD 14. I got cross hairs on CD 13. My fertile signs such as high, open soft cervix with fertile CM lasted front CD 10/11 to CD 14. I didn't realize how short it was until after the fact and we missed our window :( AF is already here today(CD 1)....
Any ideas how to time BD?

Swimmers can live inside for up to 5 days. Can you work out a pattern from your previous cycles of when you're likely to ovulate? We try for every second or third day until I get signs of O and then we up it to every day.

Swimmers can live inside for up to 5 days. Can you work out a pattern from your previous cycles of when you're likely to ovulate? We try for every second or third day until I get signs of O and then we up it to every day.

Ya I can look at previous charts and see about when I normally do

I'm not sure how to tell how long my surge was... but I would only have positive OPKs for one day. As for BD timing, after 12 months of trying the day before and the day of my positive OPK (which was tricky because I had irregular cycles and we couldn't BD every day "just in case"), I got my positive a couple days before I was expecting to... and my DH was already gone for the evening. We weren't able to BD until the next morning-- about 16 hours after my positive OPK. That was the time we were able to have sex anywhere near my fertile window. Yet, that was the month we finally got pregnant.

Everyone is so different. I'm not sure why that timing worked so well for us. I didn't think we had much of a chance at all. Go figure!

Maybe try Sperm Meets Egg plan, that might cover bases.

Also I would say that is a pretty normal length of surge, rather than being short xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->