Timodine

suzanne108

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been prescribed this for nappy rash?

The chemist told me to use it twice a day but her rash looks no different (I've only been using it two days though...) but in the leaflet it says to use after every nappy change which would be 6/7 times a day at the moment.

I haven't heard of this cream, but didn't want to read and run.

Joe had bad nappy rash for the past 10 days or so and we have cream from the dr's which now seems to be working. To be honest though, the more nappy off time we've given him, seems to have helped too. Maybe pop into a pharmasist and ask their advice about how often to use the cream? The one we're using says twice a day and then we're using sudocream at the other nappy changes.

x

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if I could use other creams inbetween. I was thinking of using the timodine for the bedtime change & first thing in a morning then using metanium for the other changes. I can't really leave her nappy free because we have carpets so wee isn't easily cleaned up!

What cream do you have? x

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if I could use other creams inbetween. I was thinking of using the timodine for the bedtime change & first thing in a morning then using metanium for the other changes. I can't really leave her nappy free because we have carpets so wee isn't easily cleaned up!

What cream do you have? x

We use the cream from the dr's at morning and then nighttime too. Sudocream seems to do the trick in between. I'll go and get the cream and let you know what it's called.

We do nappy off time on the cot-top changer. Put a towel under him when we take his nappy off and then read him a book, or play peekaboo, something like that for a while to get some air.

We were given timodine when Holly was about 4 months old and had awful nappy rash - and tbh, I found it to be useless.

In the end, after days and days of screaming and bleeding sores, I was advised by my cousin to use cotton wool and oil to clean her and metanium, with as much nappy free time as possible. Nappy rash was gone within 48 hours.

The reason you are only meant to use timodine twice a day is because it is a mild steriod cream - so if you are going to use it, maybe just first and last nappy of the day.

We had Timodine for our son when he had really bad nappy rash when he was about 10 months old - I was under the impression it's not suitable for 'general nappy rash' but for 'fungal nappy rash'... and in fact, when he had a bit of a sore bum a few weeks ago, OH put it on him and it got ten times worse.

I agree with andbabymakes3 - as much nappy free time as possible will really, really help :)

we found timodine absolutely useless- we ended up with some caneston - this was a thrush rash though.
but nappy free time was the best option.
we have carpet too and would just stick a towel under her x

Timodine is an antifungal (a bit like canestan) and a steroid cream (mild) mixed together. We use it on our LO's eczema when it gets a bit of fungal infection in it too.

Think probably only twice a day for your LO cos of the steroid.

When our LO has bad nappy rash we use metanium (a barrier cream which is yellow, so don't get it on clothes cos it stains a bit) and nappy-free time. But thats for bog-standard nappy rash, not if there is fungal infection in it.

If its no better, go back and see the GP again.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->