Tingling/Prickly Nipples

ireadyermind

Reaction score
Hello, ladies!

I'm 13DPO today and got a BFN this morning with FMU.

But I'm experiencing something this TWW that I haven't in all my 14 cycles of TTC: tingling/burning nipples. JUST nipples, not the whole breast. Only the nipples.

They are very sensitive, almost always erect, and just the fabric of my clothes rubbing them is driving me nuts!

It's all I can think about right now, mostly because every time I move, my shirt rubs on my chest and really emphasizes the burning/prickling sensation.

To top it off, several articles I've read around the web say that this is one of the first signs of pregnancy due to increased blood supply to the breasts after conception/implantation.

BabyCentre Article:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a25007925/pregnancy-signs-at-two-weeks

YGOY Article:
https://women.ygoy.com/2010/11/25/top-10-early-signs-of-pregnancy/

So! What I'd like to hear are your stories.

Did you experience the tingling JUST in your nipples, and get a BFP?
Did you experience it and get AF?

What time in your TWW did you experience this, and how long did it last? I'm going on two days experiencing this now, and generally don't experience it at all!

Your feedback is appreciated, gals. :)

Day three of the sensation. BFN this morning, and AF due in two days. My LP is 15 days - sometimes a day shorter, but 15 on average.

No one's had the burning sensation before at all?

I'm wondering if it's possibly because of hormonal imbalance, but google either says it's cancer or pregnancy. lol

Not sure why but I started having this today too.... Im 5-6 dpo today... havnt experienced it before so Ill let you know

Not sure why but I started having this today too.... Im 5-6 dpo today... havnt experienced it before so Ill let you know

Awesome, thank you!

The only time I have gotten this before was about 10 years ago when I was on Depo Provera birth control -- and since that stuff supposedly fools the body into thinking it's pregnant, I am really curious what's causing this now!

At 14 DPO you'd think I'd get a BFP if I was going to get one. :dohh:

Fingers crossed for you both! I am 17 DPO today (I think--I wasn't really paying attention and my cycle was odd last month)--anyways, tons of symptoms, BFNs but no AF and I am late. I read on Dr. Google women getting their BFP's late--19-21 DPO, so you're not out yet! :D

Thanks, 5Miracles! My BBT dropped pretty steeply today and I got BFN again, but AF hasn't shown. I still have a TINY glimmer of hope that this month I'll get a sticky BFP! :)

Good luck and :dust: to you!

AFM - 15 DPO today, AF due tomorrow morning (possibly late tonight). I'm trying to stay positive!

If no BFP this month, I have ordered Soy Isoflavones to start on CD3 of my next cycle. I ovulate really late (CD20 - 23) and maybe it's because there's a problem with my eggs unable to mature very well? We'll see!

Oh same to you! xx :dust:

I'v learned some interesting things since being on this site---like about CoQ10 being excellent for egg health as well as Bee Pollen/Royal Jelly capsules too....just started taking both last month. Also, there seems to be a difference in commercial Folic Acid and the natural form, called Folate which the body seems to absorb better...I'm on all 3, LOL!

Interesting! I've been reading about Soy Isoflavones recently. Since I ovulate pretty late in my cycle, and sometimes not until after CD 30, I thought it might help me improve egg quality and maturity, too.

If AF shows up tomorrow morning, I'll be starting the isoflavones on CD 3 for sure.

Oh DEFINITELY look into Soy Isoflavones!!!--there are FAR too many women who have had great success with that! :D

(though I hope you won't need them afterall :) )

I've just had some red spotting and cramps, so it looks like AF might actually be one day early? OR if I'm really terribly lucky, it might stop at spotting. Though I'm pretty sure the odds of that happening are really slim! lol

Since I have somewhat irregular cycles, I'm really hoping that the soy helps me out. I actually got a BFP on a 51 day cycle last year! It ended in MC, but at least I know it's possible, eh?

Meanwhile, nipple on the left still feels a slight "burning" sensation, but the right one is totally fine. I really am baffled as to what would've caused that this time!

51 day cycle?!?!?---WOWZERS!!!! I am SO sorry for your loss :(

Yup--that's what I know/have read about the soy--that it helps with regulating/establishing a natural ovulation sequence---I've seen it called "nature's Clomid" MANY times. The other vitamins I mentioned earlier won't help with ovulation---since we females are born with all the eggs we'll ever have, those other supplements help improve the quality of those eggies :) --at least, that's what I've seen in research and a few BFP's here...man, I have learned a LOT from this site!!!

I just found a site blurp that says I may in fact have an ovarian cyst and not even be close to having a BFP...still gotta wait...3 BFN's, a load of preggo symptoms, and one spot of hema 3 nights ago and I'm late...I hope it's not a cyst :( ...

Thank you. :)

I hope you don't have a cyst, too! Those are painful.

It's amazing what we learn about TTC, right? I know people that just have babies all the time, no problem and no planning, and don't know the first thing about it. Lots of folks don't realize that there's more to it than just randomly having sex during the month, and that there's really only about a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle IF you're young and perfectly healthy.

DH and I have been trying since 2014 and even though neither of us has any glaring physical abnormalities (for example, my uterus is healthy, tubes are clear, etc), we can't seem to get a sticky pregnancy. But we'll keep at it! The more I learn, the more I can try before we resort to IUI or IVF.

Hope you get your BFP soon!!

I had that symptom when I found out I was pregnant with my son. It was very noticeable. I felt it 24/7 and they were very sensitive which normally they aren't. Never had it before I became pregnant. I didn't test till like 3-4 days after AF was due and I got a glaring positive.

Thank you, Alijo!

Unfortunately for me, AF arrived today, BIG TIME.

I'm wondering if the faint faint faint lines I was seeing on my cheapies the other day were actual positives, and this cycle was a chemical pregnancy? They did get darker for a day or two before disappearing, so I'm really curious now!

Ack! Well, on to the next cycle. Maybe this will be lucky month number #16!

Just wanted to update this thread again: turns out that last cycle wasn't just AF, it was a chemical pregnancy. So!

Looks like for me, the burning nipple sensation IS a sign of pregnancy, it just wasn't a sticky bean for me this time around. Good luck to the rest of you gals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->