Tinnitus in pregnancy

Missbb2591

Reaction score
So I've had a few cases of tinnitus previously but it lasts a few hours then goes however this time round I've it for 6 days now and it's driving me insane!! Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anyway to stop it?

Maybe because you're prone to it, pregnancy has aggravated it. See your doctor if it's really bad in case it's related to anything but I doubt it!

Hi there, I can sympathise, I've got tinnitus in both ears from repeated ear infections over the past few years and it can be awful. Luckily once my ears are treated, it becomes low and I'm so used to it now, I barely notice it unless it's really really quiet. I've never heard of it getting worse in pregnancy but then again, I've never asked. My ENT nurse did tell me though, once you have it, it doesn't go away, you just get used to it. She suggested listening to music at bedtime (on a low volume) or a white noise machine if it gets really bad.

Hi there, I can sympathise, I've got tinnitus in both ears from repeated ear infections over the past few years and it can be awful. Luckily once my ears are treated, it becomes low and I'm so used to it now, I barely notice it unless it's really really quiet. I've never heard of it getting worse in pregnancy but then again, I've never asked. My ENT nurse did tell me though, once you have it, it doesn't go away, you just get used to it. She suggested listening to music at bedtime (on a low volume) or a white noise machine if it gets really bad.

I went to the doctors yesterday and I've got an ear infection but they won't give me antibiotics she said it would just clear in its own :nope: the noise is driving me mad and the pressure in my ears is ridiculous.

I went to the doctors yesterday and I've got an ear infection but they won't give me antibiotics she said it would just clear in its own :nope: the noise is driving me mad and the pressure in my ears is ridiculous.

Oh no:nope: that might be why it's so loud. That's terrible the doctor won't treat the infection. In my experience, it's never went away on its own, just gotten worse. (Ovbs I'm not a doctor, just going from my experience) using antibiotics repeatedly for them can stop your ears building up a natural resistance to them, the ent nurse normally just microsuctions my ears every 6 weeks and leaves them alone if there not infected. In theres just inflammation, she tries to let it settle itself but never has she once not treated an infection. If it were me, I'd definitely be going for a second opinion ecspically if your in a lot of pain. Luckily I've not had one whilst being pregnant, the ones I normally get treated with i think you can't use in pregnancy but they have to be able to do something. Good luck hun, I hope it goes away for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->