Tinsel: Love it or hate it?

Ohhhh i remember those foil ones! I used to love them! My house growing up used to be full of them at Christmas :haha: Not had them since I've left home though, perhaps I'll have to get some :happydance:

My nan still puts her ceiling decorations up. At her house I love it....not at mine though ha ha

Omg I loved those :haha:
So delightfully tacky! My house as a kid was covered in them lol

Not a fan i am afraid. If anything id have it on the tree only and thats only if OH insists but if it were totally up to me it wouldnt be in my house at all. X

Not a tinsel fan here I'm afraid! 😂

I much prefer the natural type garland decorations 😀

Love tinsel! Also loved those foil decorations as a kid. My dad always hated them - he was 6ft10 and used to get his head tangled in them!

I love it! The more the better :haha::xmas9:

Love it - within reason. Too much I can't do. I have a thick silver one with purple tips that wraps nicely around my tree. That's all I can take. :haha: But it's not a Christmas Tree without it either. :haha:

I love tinsel!! We have it on our tree and use it up the stairs/ other places as well- so Christmassy!

I love the smell of tinsel, reminds me so much of Christmases as a child xx

On the tree no ...

I love the idea of it but most times when I put it around the house I hate it!

I love it, even the smell of it just reminds me of being a child! I don’t have any on our trees as it just never seems to look right :(

I hate it, kids love it so we compromise and only have one colour and not on the tree lol.

I love it, even the smell of it just reminds me of being a child! I don’t have any on our trees as it just never seems to look right :(

This reminded me of when I was a child. My nan kept all her decorations in the cupboard with her cold water tank. Every year the decorations came down and smelt a bit damp....believe it or not that was a memorable Christmas smell for me!

What does tinsel smell like!? I want to go up the loft and get mine down so I can sniff it now!!
I don’t recall it having a specific smell. Or maybe my house stinks so much of spiced candles at Christmas I can’t tell :haha:

Oh tinsel totally has a smell! It's a big Christmas scent for me too :cloud9: I really want to buy my tinsel, hoping to get to Poundland on Friday.

I so can't wait to see pics of everyone's decs and trees up, presumably there is usually a thread for that?!!

I LOVE the smell of tinsel. It smells of Christmas! :xmas9:

Oh tinsel totally has a smell! It's a big Christmas scent for me too :cloud9: I really want to buy my tinsel, hoping to get to Poundland on Friday.

I so can't wait to see pics of everyone's decs and trees up, presumably there is usually a thread for that?!!

Yes there is! Make it! I want people to start putting their trees up so I can too :haha:

Yes there is! Make it! I want people to start putting their trees up so I can too :haha:

Haha ok, will be making it NEXT FRIDAY if no one else has by then! And adding to it if they have! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->