Tiny red mite on second hand clothes?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
So bought a ton of second hand baby boy clothes very cheap and I took one out as soon as I got home from buying them and noticed a tiny tiny red thing scuttling on it. I put everything in the was on a 60 degree Celsius wash. Should I chuck them all away or will this be sufficient? Anything else I can do or straight in the bin? Xx

I think the wash should be fine. If its a red spider it will die in the wash. You could always tumble dry aswell. I think they will be fine.

Ah I don't have a tumble dryer unfortunately. I'll give them an inspection when they come back out of the wash. Whatever it was they where visable to the naked eye so if their still there I suppose I'll see them xx

I'd probably throw them through the wash a couple of times to be sure. (Wash. dry, wash, dry).

Yeah I will do. I'll obviously inspect them thoroughly first too. Just don't want whatever these are to breed inside the house although I only see one and the whole lot went on the wash. I didn't even sort through the rest it just went straight in lol xx

Yes, I'd wash them a few times on highest heat they will take. I'd also get some of that dettol anti bacterial stuff you can add in the wash.
They will be fine

So it's currently on its 3rd wash at 90c. Should be more than enough I hope. Going to let it dry on the line then lint roller it all just incase. Feeling pretty confident their clean now xx

It wasn't a bedbug was it? Have a google and see if its the same. I only ask as we brought them back from a hotel in paris in our suitcase unknowingly and had to get the house fumigated. They breed really quickly.

I'm not sure but I don't think they would of got on any furnishings I pulled one item f clothes out then literally washed everything on a 90 wash and I've read online a 90 wash kills all stages of bed bugs so hope it was enough . Not seen any since that one last week. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->