Tiny red spots on bump

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
Not sure what they are! I noticed them yesterday, about 6 tiny pin head bright red spots on the top of my bump then 2 slightly bigger red spots lower down. Just looks like someones used a red tip pen on me. Anyone else experienced this?? I did google it but according to google it sounds like something serious so I'm hoping there's another reason!

I have them too! Look almost like little pimples.. Sorry I couldn't be of any help but I will definitely be stalking

I have one of these emerge too - I was also wondering what it was!

I have these and had them last time too... i picked one then and now have a scar there, so don't pick them. don't know what tyhey are though. I assume you don't have them anywhere else?

Strange aren't they. I have two on my hands but have had them there a while. They're under the skin so not sure I could pick them even if I wanted to

Hard to tell without pics, but it sounds like a telangiectasia to me. Harmless and common in pregnancy due to increased blood volume :)

I have them on the sides of my belly and my back- Some of them have white heads, some of them dont- I think its like a form of acne due to all the hormones>?

I have one from pre-pregnancy... my dad get's them, so I must have inherited it! lol. They don't harm anything- just kinda funny looking... it's this tiny tiny bright red little bump right on my tummy!!!! I'm wondering if that means I'll get more the farther along I am, hmmmm.... ???

If it's the same thing I have, then no worries hun. If you have concerns, it can't hurt to ask your doctor - that is what they are there for. Most likely they occurred due to increased blood circulation. Not sure why I have one? Just popped up one day in my mid 20's! lol.

Mine almost look like pimples. Maybe another one of those lovely symptoms that no one tells you about.

I've read it was from increased blood volume & circulation. I have them too only on my bump, & like someone else said, if I pick it, it leaves a mark.

Ever since I've been pregnant I get red spots on my belly, too! They come and go, are only on my belly, don't itch or bother me at all, and aren't raised bumps. Mine are just spots...not pimples so I'm not able to pick them. I never got them before I was pregnant. I showed them to my doctor last week at my 12 week appt and she wasn't concerned at all. She said that since they weren't itching or bothering me in any way that we would just keep an eye on them. I also thought that it was due to the increase in blood volume and blood vessels being closer to the surface of the skin.

It makes me feel much better to know that others have similar sounding things. I've got my 24 week app tomorrow so will double check with the dr. I honestly thought I'd got some terrible illness from what I was googling last night! The dangers of googling hey.

I have these too but I've noticed I only get them when I use moisturiser on my bump and legs, it's the palmers cocoa bitter for stretch marks. X

i had this last time, a couple around my belly button, I picked them (naughty me!) and have scars so just leave them alone!

I have these too but I've noticed I only get them when I use moisturiser on my bump and legs, it's the palmers cocoa bitter for stretch marks. X

I have suspected my lotion too, so I started using a different kind & it seems to be for helping, (for now at least!)

I have this. I get lots of tiny pin prick dots all over my bump, my hips and the tops of my legs which show up after I shower. I can understand it on the bump where the skin is stretched but not on the tops of my legs.

I realised it was probably the bio oil. I'm doing a little experiment, just putting oil on my bump and seeing if the dots disappear from my legs :lol:

I'm sure they're harmless though.

I also have slightly bigger spots on my belly that are itchy sometimes. Don't know what they are but they come and go.

Hard to tell without pics, but it sounds like a telangiectasia to me. Harmless and common in pregnancy due to increased blood volume :)

it was exactly this! i asked the dr yesterday at my 24 week appointment. thanks xx

Glad to help ease your google fears :)

I have one on the underneath of my bump and it's driving me mad!! It's nothing to worry about I don't think, my midwife measured the fundal height and listened to baby's heartbeat on Thursday and mentioned nothing about it.

My OH also has them on his back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->