Tips/advice please??

Krissy1516

On hiatus from here
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how to eat healthy on a budget? My FH and I would both like to lose weight but were on a strict budget for food. We try to stay under $120 each 2 1/2 weeks and this has to include other necessities (cleaning supplies, dog food, health and beauty supplies, etc.)

We both really want to lose weight but I really don't know where to start. I was raised on mostly boxed food (it's just what my parents made) and I really dont know how to cook or eat healthy. I was on a bunch of medications medication for major depressive disorder and attention defecit disorder and it made me gain alot of weight, though I no longer am on medication and I also quit smoking over a year ago. We both want to become healthier before we even consider TTC anyway (good thing were waiting a long time? Lol)

Thank you for any advice you guys may have for us to get on track with healthy eating and an exercise regimen <3

You can always check out cooking light- it's a magazine I subscribe to but they should have access to it online for you for free if you want to peek at some recipes or ideas for under a certain amount of money.

As for eating healthier, I used to grow up on boxed dinners too but I've learned to change these out for the ingredients and putting it together myself. Mostly it's my DH that does the cooking though so I don't do it very often. Another thing to consider is the food portions- how much do you eat? That really helps us to lose weight because these days we do eat too much (more than what we really need per day). An ideal diet is eating 5 small meals per day (or 6 depending on your body's needs), 3 light snacks with 3 meals. I ask around for tips too. One of my friends suggested drinking more water to lessen your hunger pangs (I think we only need up to 64 ounces/8 cups per day unless we work out then we need more depending on how active we are). I've also heard that we should not eat meat that walks on 4 legs more than once a week (IDK if that's true though cuz I heard that thru the dr oz show).

With all that said, I think it's good to sum it up in this way- less sugar, less carbs, more proteins, fruits, and especially more vegetables would do us all a world of good plus 30 minutes of walking per day (or some kind of cardio activity).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->