Tips for a 15 month old that won't eat meat

Megan252

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just curious if anyone out there has some tips for me and my 15 month old who won't eat meat! Any tricks that have worked for you? Any meat alternatives you've had luck with? I can get my little guy to eat ground beef if it's in meat sauce or tortellini but that's about it and even that isn't very consistent.

I plan to keep trying in hopes his tastes change, but in the meantime I need some help!!

Will he eat beans ? Or lentils? Or chick peas? Legumes are high in protien as well.

I usually grind up beans and add them to pasta sauce ,

My son use to also like a thing called tofu dessert , it taste like fruit and yougurt but its made of tofu , also great in smoothies .

You can also try a protien powder if all else fails

Will he let you spoon feed him? I make soup with lentils/rice, chicken/beef and veggies then blend it. I give it to her about 3x a week, at least i know she is getting enough iron and protein as she isnt a big meat eater either. If she has something to pick at with her hands like grated cheese, and maybe a cartoon on tv she lets me feed her the whole thing.

You could also try eggs, boiled eggs are a big hit with Sophia.

Will he eat fish? You could try home made fish cakes or fish fingers, or bean burgers. I know ham isn't great but you could try things like a ham sandwich to get him started, then move to sliced chicken.
Egg mayonnaise, or boiled egg, cheese on toast, or beans blended right into a pasta sauce are good proteins!
I'm still at that lovely stage where LO eats anything, dreading the toddler pickiness!

Try veggie bacon or veggie sausage rolls (made with sos mix) I've no idea how much luck you'll have with these, I only suggest them because of my little sister, she's the worlds most fussy eater, always has been. She went through a phase where all she would eat was veggie bacon and smiley faces. even to this day she hasn't changed much (she's 11 now) but it certainly hasn't been detrimental to her growth or development in any way! Any food is better than no food, so I wouldn't worry about him not liking meat :) how about fish, does he like that?

Sorry to sound thick (my culinary skills arent great), how do you hide the beans in the pasta sauce? Do you just squish them with a fork first?

Sorry to sound thick (my culinary skills arent great), how do you hide the beans in the pasta sauce? Do you just squish them with a fork first?

Throw them in the blender with a bit of liquid and they form a paste you just add It to the tomatoe paste or the sauce if you not making from scratch

Throw them in the blender with a bit of liquid and they form a paste you just add It to the tomatoe paste or the sauce if you not making from scratch

Exactly this! :) to be fair, no reason you couldn't do the same to a small amount of meat.

My step daughter wasn't a meat eater due to laziness with chewing it.then we had our own pigs slaughtered for joints and sausages,she ate them and now Will eat meat.i tell her roast chicken is chicken nuggets without the coating.

Thank you so much for all the great tips!!! You ladies are so helpful :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->