Tips for getting through 'all day' sickness with a toddler....

lucyb

Reaction score
As I suspected, I think my first trimester is going to be similar to that of my first baby. Constantly nauseas, throwing up, fainting, you name it. I tried every cracker, ginger drink, and boiled lolly out there (though my options are very limited here in Japan).

Now I have a 1 year old and can't stay in bed til 9am.

Any tricks that got you through?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there lucyb!
Oh I hear you! I have a 2 year old and am nauseated 24/7. It has been brutal until I went to my doctors and decided not to be a martyr! I'm on a bunch of medications. I'm on 4 diclectin a day for the nausea and zantac for the gas/bloating/acid reflux. I have also become best friends with bob the builder, thomas the tank engine and the wiggles. It's sad but when I pick up my son from daycare, I have to turn on a show and pass out on the couch and wait for DH to get home.
At first, I felt really guilty about it all (taking meds, having tv babysit my son) but I realize it will probably (hopefully) be temporary and the nausea and exhaustion goes away by the second tri.

Good luck!

Lol, funny you should mention Japan, my husband is a marine and we were there for my first pregnancy (well part of it anyways). I now had a two year old toddler that when I was earlier in the pregnancy went mad from boredom because I was so sick. I work in a OB clinic (until recently when I decided to take a leave) and I came across a lot of useful information that helped me with my son. First, I would like to say if you can drink a LOT of water. Each hour the body replaces 1 cup of amniotic fluid with the baby (my doctor explained this to me) so ultimately you should drink one cup of water an hour. Not only does this help cleanse the body of toxins, prevent UTIs, and refresh the amniotic fluid- it also helps a great deal with nausea. Water can actually help with a diluting effect on the hormones. If/when your body is dehydrated it tends to use whatever resources your body has, water from muscles etc, and turns it into fluids that can be absorbed by vital organs etc. With low fluid levels the hormones can have a stronger impact- so really drink drink drink! If you are vomiting- try to mix in at least one powerade or gatorade among your water regimine to help replace vitamins. ANYWAYS lol enough with the water..

Like crispychewy said, find a program that your little one will like and keep it on 24/7. If you have baby gates to block of all hazardous areas, take a lil nap. 10-15 minute power naps in intervals will help you a lot. Give your little one something to do. My son (even though people think I am crazy for letting him play with this) uses my iPhone because I have downloaded applications like puzzles and animal pictures with noises and I am not kidding you- it can keep him entertained for hours! I also got him those crayola markers that only color on the crayola pages. It is a godsend. My son likes to draw on my walls with crayons, pens, markers, food anything he can. I just set it on the floor and let him color away without a worry. The markers do not show up on walls, couches, virtually anything but the designated paper. The trick is finding out what works for your little one. Lay on the couch and watch a movie with him. My son likes to cuddle.. well sometimes.. but he seems to get a little cuddlier now. I think kids have an intuition of mothers pregnancy and can sometimes be a lil more clingy.

Good luck hun! xx.

i've been struggling as well. bella's 10 1/2 months & wakes at 6am without fail every morning! i also went back to work a week after my :bfp: & have been exhausted & much sicker this time around. she's also currently got chickenpox (we were expecting it & spots appeared today!), so this morning, i was cuddling her to get her to sleep & really needed to be sick at the same time.
nothing's really helping, i think because i can't look after myself as well as i was able to first time round it's worse than before.
xx

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have the same problem. I have a son who is 12 months too and with him i was nauseaus all the time! I don't have any tips but I'm gonna keep reading this thread and hope someone have a solution:)

i would LOVE to find a solution, i have a 2 year old son and im constantly feeling nauseous, luckily my little man still loves his day time nap so i get to have a little lie down and that usually stops me feeling so sick :(

Hi Ladies,
How are you all getting along with the nausea + toddler? I am having a TERRIBLE time. My 2 year old has pnemonia accompanied by coughing, fever, vomitting...you name it. So I'm trying to tend to him with my all day nausea. Everytime I have to clean up his puke, I have to run to the bathroom because I start puking too. It's absolutely awful. I'm in complete despair and I feel like this is never going to end. I feel like crap! Do whatever you can to keep your toddlers from getting sick. This is seriously hell on earth!

I'm only 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant but today i had my first day of heavy nausea. But my son was happy playing for him self on the floor so i could rest, and it went away:) Now my son is sleeping and i don't feel sick anymore. I guess it will be a bit worse when I'm not this early in pregnancy. But now it's just nice to know everything should be fine with the little one:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->