Tips for pumping, returning to work?

Shandelion

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm returning to work, just in three hour shifts to begin with. My three month old likes food every hour. He takes all my supply to keep up with. How do I get a freezer supply built up? I tried letting one breast get full to pump, but he gets fussy if he doesn't get a full boob. I mean, he gets really grumpy lol. I have a manual pump, so pumping is a lot of work. Help?

My daughter started daycare this week and hasn't been eating as often, probably because she doesn't smell milk all the time. I have an electric pump and haven't used manual. I always pump during naps and while she's sleeping at night or else she screams at me. I pump to give her fresh milk while i'm at work and freeze whatever's left. I think that will be harder with a manual pump, because i usually do both sides at once, though sometimes i've pumped one side while she nurses on the other. You shouldn't need a whole lot working such short shifts. I am gone 10 hrs twice a week so i need a ton. Now that i'm pumping so much, i produce a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->