Tips for TTC in a few months...

auntie m

Reaction score
So, we're thinking of TTC in at least 3 months...might wait a month or two after that. I am born at the end of December and no one ever remembers my birthday, so I want to count out that month...WAY WAY too many family birthdays in the summer...

is this normal to plan like that or am i crazy?

my main question....
ok, no more caffine....sugar etc...

What can i drink?

I got a book on what to eat, with recipes!

I'm pretty novice when it comes to food, i know what to have and not have but I stand at the grocery store having no clue!!

any advice is welcome!

I suggest drinking water, or juices.. you can also do things like crystal light..

Now, I would also suggest starting a prenatal vitamin with 800mcg folic acid in it.. very important for a developing baby.. and helps your fertility! It's a completely proven fact.. :hugs:

Good luck trying, and I look forward to seeing you in the TTC forums!
:dust:

In terms of food it's pretty easy while you're still wtt. Lots of vegetables, especially green leavy ones like spinach, lots of folic acid (try wheat germ for example), not too much seafood (because of mercury concentrations) and if you can afford it buy organic. Good luck with ttc when the time comes!

I stopped drinking caffeine last year as my new years resolution - I drink lots of fruit tea now, rooibos/redbush tea etc

I did used to drink green tea BUT I have just found out that it can inhibit folic acid being absorbed so I have cut it out completely.

It is probably best to start taking a prenatal vitamin - or a folic acid supplement at least (like MaybeSoonBaby suggests) Also generally just up the amout of folic acid in your normal diet - Dark green vegetables
Cereals, especially wholegrain - some breads and cereal products are fortified with folic acid, oranges, grapefruit, bananas, beans and pulses, milk and yoghurt.

:flower:

Everyone else has given you advice, but i wanted to say no i planned like that too...I dont want a christmas baby or one due at same time as Tabs :hugs:

Good Luck!

Easy peasy auntie m - a balanced diet and plenty of folic acid :) The sooner you get into a routine it's less of an effort to try and eat these good things or take that little pill.

As the girls have said it's *really* important to take your folic acid before you get pregnant -and every day too, as your body will pee out what you don't use. Baby needs lots of FA even before you know you're pregnant in order to properly develop the spinal cord.

Good on you for thinking ahead and best of luck for a speedy BFP! x

Healthy diet, no alcohol, no smoking, cut down caffine.

Start taking you folic acid.

Good luck when you TTC xxxx

I stopped drinking caffeine last year as my new years resolution - I drink lots of fruit tea now, rooibos/redbush tea etc

I did used to drink green tea BUT I have just found out that it can inhibit folic acid being absorbed so I have cut it out completely.

It is probably best to start taking a prenatal vitamin - or a folic acid supplement at least (like MaybeSoonBaby suggests) Also generally just up the amout of folic acid in your normal diet - Dark green vegetables
Cereals, especially wholegrain - some breads and cereal products are fortified with folic acid, oranges, grapefruit, bananas, beans and pulses, milk and yoghurt.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am drinking fruit teas, although I do still drink green tea :blush:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am drinking fruit teas, although I do still drink green tea :blush:

WTF....I am thinking of changing my diet just in case we fall preggers while still WTT since we're only using natural method. But no green tea either while preparing?....I was ready to give up caffeine (though I am IN LOVE With coffee....but not my ginger tea too (helps my upset tummy). Say it ain't so:nope::hissy: LOL.

thanks everyone!

been taking a prenatal for 3 months now.

i don't eat seafood, but i'm gonna try a little shrimp or whitefish if i can manage it

veggies...that i can do!!

need to up on the milk stuff...

we already buy organic as we can...always whole wheat or whole grain

NEVER smoked and drink...maybe once a year, easy to cut out!

WTF....I am thinking of changing my diet just in case we fall preggers while still WTT since we're only using natural method. But no green tea either while preparing?....I was ready to give up caffeine (though I am IN LOVE With coffee....but not my ginger tea too (helps my upset tummy). Say it ain't so:nope::hissy: LOL.

You might be aright with ginger tea - if it is an iffusion and not actually green tea there shouldnt be a problem....and with the whole no green tea thing, there really isnt anything specific in any of the studies as to how much it OK.

I wouldnt take green tea with your folic acid supplement and I wouldnt drink gallons of it!!!! ...but maybe just limit it a little (I have cut it out because I was getting hooked on it at work!)

You might be aright with ginger tea - if it is an iffusion and not actually green tea there shouldnt be a problem....and with the whole no green tea thing, there really isnt anything specific in any of the studies as to how much it OK.

I wouldnt take green tea with your folic acid supplement and I wouldnt drink gallons of it!!!! ...but maybe just limit it a little (I have cut it out because I was getting hooked on it at work!)

Well that makes me feel a little better. That was my plan for getting through a 2 yrs of preparing, pregnancy, and nursing. I'm going to have to look into it...in the meantime...I think I'll fix me a cup while there's still time.

great to know! i am in love with green tea!
ok...ill stop that

i am in love with mandarin organge in the morning
is that ok?

so much to learn!!

great to know! i am in love with green tea!
ok...ill stop that

i am in love with mandarin organge in the morning
is that ok?

so much to learn!!

Normally if something is green tea it states it on the box somewhere - most things are fruit/ginger/cammomile etc infusions - these are fine (I hope :wacko:)

any advice for what i can drink...besides water?

i notice most fruit juices have tons of sugar
i get so confused!

Amelie's right - fruit infusions are fine :)

It's real green tea that's the problem because it's the biggest inhibitor of FA absorption that you can eat or drink! From what I've read, my advice would be no more than two cups of green a day and leave several hours between taking the green and taking your folic/prenatal.

Try not to worry - none of us are perfect and your diet sounds pretty amazing! x

FYI-if anyone in the states is looking for cheap/bulk veggies....the Sam's Club's (in the midwest at least) sell organic baby spinach for super cheap ($3+ for a big thing of it). We end up eating it virtually everyday as a salad or as a hot veggie.

thanks everyone!

i'll be needing lotion soon
so i figure i'll switch now to organic
gesh...sooooo many types!!

why can't there just be one!
any suggestions?
i tried searching the threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads