Tips/ideas on how to get rid of the dreaded dummy and wetting the bed again?!?!

pinky1987

My very own little E.T!!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Aimee is now 3.5yrs old and she still has her dummy, she doesnt take it to nursery, ocasionally has one when we are out but only when we are in the car, but she has it stuck in her mouth nearly all the time at home and bedtime!

Has anybody got any tips/ideads on how to slowly wean her off the damn things????

And secondly, She has been dry all through the night now since november time last year, but I have recently given birth to her little brother,Owen.
Since owen has come she has gone backwards and has started to wet the bed at night, at first it was only 2 times a week maybe but now she is doin it nearly every night or every other night!! Iv done the whole,no drinks after 6pm,going to the toilet before getting into bed etc etc. Just cant understand after her being dry for months to now wetting the bed. (since her sleeping without anything from november,she only wet the bed once! which is fantastic!)

Any ideas on how to help her??

xxxxx thanks xxxxx

Hiya hun...

My son who is turning 3 next month, has just given up his dummy about 4ish months ago.
The way i did it was tell him one night, "tomorrow, your going to be a big boy, and the fairies are going to come and take your dummys and replace then with X" (He got a new set of cars that cost me 99p.)
He was so excited about the fairies coming, that he woke up the next morning and gave me the dummys to leave out for them.

Now, sometimes he will ask for one, and i explain, the fairies have them. (I threw them all away, so i didnt get tempted to give in.)

Also, my daughter started to wet the bed after being completely dry for 2 years when she turned four.
The reason we think is cos we moved house, she started a new school etc.
Ive been to the doctors and really the only advice we got was to get a little book, some stickers, and every night shes dry, she gets a sticker, every night shes not, she gets a sad face. Make a BIG deal out of it when she wakes up dry but no fuss when she wets the bed.
Also, get her to help change the sheets in the night, might sound mean, but it helps :)

I really hope these help, as they helped us :) xx

The dummy fairy works wonders :D

Be grateful though that she has a dummy ... at least at some point she will give it up, with or without the dummy fairy :D Mine never had dummies (because they wouldn't take them, not because I'm 'anti') and my youngest sucks his thumb - still ........................he's 17 :growlmad::growlmad: He doesn't do it outside the house but even so it's irritating and short of removing his thumb with a pair of secateurs I'm stuck with it :haha:

Elli's ideas re the bed wetting are perfect - I'd just add 'lifting' her for a toilet visit when you go to bed :hugs:

My daughter never had a dummy but we used the fairies to get rid of her bottles - worked wonders! I mentioned it for a few weeks about the bottle fairy leaving presents and one day she said she wanted the bottle fairy to come so it was her decision. We left out her bottles and she got a bag full of little presents, she loved it, was like christmas for her (with less toys obviously!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->