Tips on getting LO to wriggle and kick

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to wake your LO up and get them moving around :haha:

When i rub my lower tummy and gently tap from my belly button to my bikini line my little girl gets all wriggly and its so lovley!

Just wondered what other people do?
xx

I haven't found anything that works yet, but a friend of mine once said that she used to shine a torch on her bump and her baby would hit or kick out at it... I think maybe that only works when you're a bit further along...?

Flashlights: baby will move away from the light starting at 15 weeks!

I eat something sweet like an orange or a chocolate bar. Or a cold drink sometimes wakes my little one up. ........................ or guaranteed every time is when I lay down for a rest and try to get some sleep. LOL. :)

Flashlights: baby will move away from the light starting at 15 weeks!

REALLY!!!??? Wow thats amazing!

I dont have a torch tho :blush:

Obviously i dont wanna do anything that will distress my LO or upset her but just fun little things to get her active :kiss:
xx

You are being polite if you are just tapping your belly.lol
I have to practically shake my belly to feel her move. I only do that since i am 17weeks and cant feel her most times. it makes me nervous, so i give her a little shake and most times she responds. Like this morning, everyone in my house is sick so naturally i worry about the baby too and when i didnt feel her this morning i had to make her move.

You are being polite if you are just tapping your belly.lol
I have to practically shake my belly to feel her move. I only do that since i am 17weeks and cant feel her most times. it makes me nervous, so i give her a little shake and most times she responds. Like this morning, everyone in my house is sick so naturally i worry about the baby too and when i didnt feel her this morning i had to make her move.

:haha:

I mainly do it to make sure she is all ok in there and also i love feeling her :cloud9:
xx

mine still isn't bothered by the light trick at all or music. Only thing that worked for me in second tri was to lay on my tummy propped up with pillows to take some of the weight off.

My LO likes to roll over (and over and over and over) when we listen to his lullabies at night, which is really sweet because it's the same lullabies I used to listen to as a child. Those movements are more fluttery though.

To REALLY get him going, a can of Dr. Pepper. Yeah, yeah, caffeine :p Dr actually wants me having 1 caffeinated beverage a day because my blood pressure is a little on the low side. Makes for loopy baby.

Sometimes he gets going for no reason at all. I have NO idea what was up yesterday, but he was going from about 3 pm till 2 am!!! Love it though. I think watching my belly dancing is my new favourite thing in the whole world:blush:

when i law down or am trying to sleep our little one goes mad . . . I want to try the light trick :)

I don't know....I kinda don't feel right about deliberately messing with baby's sleeping/quiet cycles. But having said that, I noticed before that baby became active after I had a bit of soda (I don't drink it often mind you).

I've heard it's not recommended to flash a light in at the baby as they don't know how exposing the baby to light stimulus before it's time can affect its development, or something like that.

Edit, found the link here on it. Copy and pasting the section on fetal vision:

''Japanese scientists have even reported a distinct fetal reaction to flashes of light shined on the mother's belly. However, other researchers warn that exposing fetuses (or premature infants) to bright light before they are ready can be dangerous. In fact, Harvard's Als believes that retinal damage in premature infants, which has long been ascribed to high concentrations of oxygen, may actually be due to overexposure to light at the wrong time in development.

A six-month fetus, born about 14 weeks too early, has a brain that is neither prepared for nor expecting signals from the eyes to be transmitted into the brain's visual cortex, and from there into the executive-branch frontal lobes, where information is integrated. When the fetus is forced to see too much too soon, says Als, the accelerated stimulation may lead to aberrations of brain development.''

https://www.leaderu.com/orgs/tul/psychtoday9809.html

I know this is a different scenario than just flashing a light at the baby but it kind of makes sense not to interfere with the development by shining something in, ya know? I'm sure loads of women have done it and it's fine though, so I guess it's just something one has to decide on their own whether to risk or not.

Direct light is very different from light through skin, fat and a really thick uterus though. I really don't think it'll do much harm, and it's not like we do it constantly, only a few seconds once a week, just to reassure ourselves :)

My little bean gets busy after I've eaten something sweet or after a fizzy drink.

Otherwise, I poke!!!

Nicola xx

I read that interacting with baby is actually recommended. Shining light, gentle pokes and rubbing belly with both hands gets my little one moving around.

The stimulus of interaction encourages brain development and seems to do more good than harm, providing of course how you interact.

I had a really nasty cold there for 2-3 weeks and found every time I blew my nose my little one went nuts!! lol

Also it says in my baby book that when baby kicks and wriggles it reassures him or her to feel some kind of response from mum be it a poke or belly rub. I think thats quite cute. Little attention seekers and they aint even here yet :cloud9:

When their daddy talks to them they go mental! Lol its so cute! He talks to them about his day and they are kicking like crazy :), they like me singing to ( they obviously can't tell I am a horrendous singer lol)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->