tips on TTC

callmedan

Reaction score
been reading up on tips when TTC and its making me so excited :happydance: i know i have 11 months to go but hopefully planning my wedding and buying and redecorating a house will be a nice time filler and it will go fast!

anyone seen any good tips they would like to share?
what are your views on BD every day vs every other day?
:flower:

We were trying this month and did it every day around ovulation and every other day apart from that

I'll probably do SMEP. EoD from AF-O week, then when I get my positive OPK and for the next two days, skip a day, then BD again for good measure. Then every three days just to keep having fun.

My best friends is a doctor and she says most people over complicate it and that regular sex (at least every 2 days) is as complicated as it needs to be. The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant has great advice

Yeah I read that and it's pretty good. It's just sex every other day and then every day during O. Not complicated at all :) Probably what I'd do naturally anyway since I tend to be "in the mood" more around O.

My best friends is a doctor and she says most people over complicate it and that regular sex (at least every 2 days) is as complicated as it needs to be. The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant has great advice

I looked through that book a few weeks ago. I didn't read it all just skimmed it.

I have to admit we have tried way to hard. Well I have anyway. I would say every two days is best.

I would like to try to just try a relaxed approach. Just do what we do when we do just no more pulling out. At least I would like to think I can do that. I might change my mind closer to the time or a couple months in with bfns under our belt. Guess we shall see.

I would like to try to just try a relaxed approach. Just do what we do when we do just no more pulling out. At least I would like to think I can do that. I might change my mind closer to the time or a couple months in with bfns under our belt. Guess we shall see.

Bfns are horrible. I have decided no more testing until I am a day late. Which is hard.

Bfns are horrible. I have decided no more testing until I am a day late. Which is hard.

I am hoping to hold off on testing until I'm late. I seem to have faint lines even when not pg, so I really don't want to make it worse. I'm hoping by waiting until I'm late I will have stronger lines and less guess work. I already have started stalking the testing board and the bfp board and am fine looking at others but I think I would have an especially hard time doing that to myself.

When I finally ttc whenever that is I'm going to be so impatient during the ttw.

Last night on Saturday Night Live there was a skit with a CNN pregnancy test where it kept saying "searching for pregnancy". It was a pretty funny skit. Imagine if real tests said that. :haha:

We did smep and conceived on cycle 5. Only real change that cycle was sticking to gravity friendly bd positions. I had stopped temping the cycle we conceived but I did use opks as I don't have the same ov day every month.

In April and May I ovulated on cd17 and in March it was cd26. According to the app I use to keep track of my period I ovulated cd17 this month too. My period was supposed to start yesterday but I know it's going to start soon. The past few days I've had a lot of discharge which happens right before it starts.

I would recommend getting well acquainted with your cycle and when you ovulate and BDing every day that you're fertile (which amounts to about one week total). Make sure to stay lying down and maybe prop your hips up with a pillow for at least 20 minutes after :sex: before getting cleaned up to insure that most of the swimmers made their way up there. :thumbup:

OPKs are also a wonderful tool, but be leery of cheapies because they often never give you a positive OPK. Learning how to temp properly, check your cervix, and monitoring your cervical mucus can also be a lot of help when TTC.

I would recommend getting well acquainted with your cycle and when you ovulate and BDing every day that you're fertile (which amounts to about one week total). Make sure to stay lying down and maybe prop your hips up with a pillow for at least 20 minutes after :sex: before getting cleaned up to insure that most of the swimmers made their way up there. :thumbup:

OPKs are also a wonderful tool, but be leery of cheapies because they often never give you a positive OPK. Learning how to temp properly, check your cervix, and monitoring your cervical mucus can also be a lot of help when TTC.

I have to agree here. I would suggest a digital OPK like a clearblue if you can afford it.

Oh really i bought some cheapies to use. Do you think i should just throw them out when i start ttc and just temp instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->