• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tips on twin pushchairs - from birth

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi

I'm expecting twins in August and looking for tandem pushchairs is just getting me down. I don't want to be paying extortionate prices for something that will be used for little time but I also want something light and easy to manoeuvre. I'm not interested in having carrycot parts for it, just maybe something that allows you to attach a car seat.

Any recommendations? Or advice would be great.

Thanks
Bx

Not sure if they have them where you are but I think the double Baby Jogger City Mini would be good.

I think it's worth paying on more in the beginning for something like a pushchair, especially a double since it'll be used for 3years or so.

I know you said you don't want something with carrycots but it's not advisable to have babies in car seats (even on the pushchair) for long periods of time so maybe worth looking into something that's suitable for newborn so lies flat.

Personally for twins, I'd look at something like at icandy peach or bugaboo donkey. For something that'll be used so much you need something sturdy and I do believe you get what you pay for :)

Do you have a local pram center than you can try some out at?

I think it's worth paying on more in the beginning for something like a pushchair, especially a double since it'll be used for 3years or so.

I know you said you don't want something with carrycots but it's not advisable to have babies in car seats (even on the pushchair) for long periods of time so maybe worth looking into something that's suitable for newborn so lies flat.

Personally for twins, I'd look at something like at icandy peach or bugaboo donkey. For something that'll be used so much you need something sturdy and I do believe you get what you pay for :)

Do you have a local pram center than you can try some out at?
See, I disagree! There is no way that Gracie will go in a buggy at three, she won't even go in it now at 16m and we have had to buy a trike instead. I got rid of our travel system when she was 8-9m and used a buggy as it was much more portable.

Well, I have the duowalker easywalker. I also broke my head (and my mothers) about what pushchair to get while pregnant. Mw twins are now 2 and a half, and I still use it, because even though they walk and run like crazy, there is no way I could handle going to say the supermarket just holding them by the hand. I have noticed that people that have one kid, or kids different ages manage better at dropping the pushchair at an earlier stage. But then again I don't drive, so that could add to it all. With my pushchair you can put cat seats on it, and I also had the version with the carrycots, which true didn't get used a lot. But the pushchair is like my right arm, its one of the few tools that have helped me survive! My boys are as big as 4 year olds so I did need a sturdy pushchair in the end, so I'm glad I didn't go for a more of a flimsy one. People like the mountain buggy one a lot, but I do prefer mine which is sturdier and bigger. I have only heard bad things about the ones in a line, though I'm sure they suit someone, but I know personally two twin mummies who developed a lump in their wrist from pushing it. At the end of the day it depends of where you live, if you work, if you take them to playschool, what your surroundings and roads are like, your twins personalities ect Good luck!

I went to a large baby shop today (Mothercare UK) and tried out a few twin pushchairs and I liked the Mountain Buggy. Its slim which was a selling point for me and will hopefully last longer than a tandem pushchair.

Had Has anyone had the Mountain buggy?

Bx

My twins are 6 weeks old now and we have the mountain buggy and I love it! The babies are in the carrycots just now (or very occasionally their car seats attached) and it's so light to manoeuvre and slim enough that I so far haven't had any trouble in any shops. It's so easy to steer that I can hold my 2 year olds hand and push it with the other (obviously migh change as the babies get heavier) but I love it.

Congrats on your twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->