Tired of getting my hopes up!

DissySunshine

Reaction score
I was admitted to the hospital at 32+5 for preterm labor, with pains that weren't even that intense to me. I went from 2cm to 4cm in about 2 hours but they were able to delay my contractions after 4 days in the hospital. Since then, it's been a literal waiting game, as all I have heard is "it could be any time".

Starting at 35+5 weeks, my OB has checked me for dilation. I was still at 4 last week, and 50% effaced. She mentioned that my little lady was sitting "very low" and that it should be any day that I could pop.
Yesterday, at 36+4, she checked me again. I was at 4.5cm and 80% effaced with a good station. My OB looked at me and said "how is she not here yet!?" then told me she didn't expect me to go another week without having her.

After hearing it for so long though, I'm tired of getting my hopes up and thinking every little twinge is something major. I have a feeling I'm going to have her at home just because I won't believe I'm in labor! :dohh:
Should I be expecting my LO soon, or can I expect to keep going crazy? Because after 4 weeks of hearing it, it's starting to get really, really stressful.

Oh boy that does sound very stressful. I would think you will be having her soon. Have they told you to walk as much as possible? And what about sex to bring things on a bit faster? Have they mentioned anything like that? I cant imagine being in your shoes right now. How frustrated you must feel. Im sorry and I hope things speed up for you!

Because of the preterm labor thing, they gave me a "what not to do" paper...and in bold, capital letters was NO SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. My poor DH lol. I have started walking more, but after 4 weeks of bed rest I didn't realize how weak my muscles are! My sister keeps saying she'll let me clean her floors to get the rocking motion down :haha:

You're full term tomorrow...I think at this point delivery would be fine, no issues with baby...so get active! However you want to define that ;)

Your situation has to be so frustrating...to hear "any day now!" and NOPE...sorry :(

Oh trust me, MarieMo, I'm using my SAMs card to its limit and using it as an excuse to go to the mall with DH! Walking sucks but I'm ready for the "soon" to happen!

Seems your 37w now, your waters havent gone id be saying sex it could really be the thing that helps you out.

I wouldnt expect baby soon, however when things do start id expect you to fly through labour so i wouldntb wait it out at home to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->