Tiredness is getting out of control

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
Ever since I found out I was pregnant I had been very tired all the time, infact it was one of my first symptoms before AF was even late.

It has gotten really bad now, I have had three naps today, probably totalling about 3 1/2 hours. It's even getting to the stage that I'm falling asleep whilst I'm supposed to be looking after my kids which is really worrying me. I can't even force my eyes awake anymore, I just flake out with no warning.

My husband is quite obviously getting fed up with me. He had been working since 6am this morning only to come home to me curled up on the sofa still in my PJs half asleep. I felt awful this evening as he sorted out the kids all on his own with dinner and getting ready for bed whilst I slept upstairs. When I got up he was quite rightly a bit peeved (although he hasn't said I can tell)because he knew I'd already had two naps today.

I know there is probably nothing I can do and it's a case of riding it out but I'm just ranting I suppose. I've been having about 14 hours sleep a day for weeks now and I just seem to be getting worse. This week I have been really bad to the point that I can't get out of bed in the morning. I've got work tomorrow and just the thought of getting up early, doing constant physical work all morning and then taking the kids out all afternoon is making me wonder how I'll cope :blush: I didn't go into work on Sunday because I couldn't face it............

I know how you feel!! tiredness was my first symtom even before AF was late! its awful. I could nod off at any time. I have been going into work but by the afternoon I'm wrecked and can hardly do any work. I would sleep at my desk if i could.:blush:
Even walking up the stairs in work I am out of breath and I'm finding that even just walking a little bit and I mean a little bit I am out of breath and need to sit down. I feel much better when I am sitting down or lying down.

Its all worth it though isn't it and at least we know we not the only ones going through it :hugs:

Just bear in mind that you are at the worst stage it will get better in a few weeks...I have lots of energy now....just listen to your body rest take it easy there is a miracle going on in there xx

Awwww I know how you feel hun, I think I spent most of my 1st Trimester asleep :blush: But it does get better! :hugs:x

i know how you feel, i am so so tired. i just want to sleep all day and all night. it probably doesn't help that i keep being sick and that leaves me with little energy. but i hope you feel better soon xxx

I remember being on holiday when I was pregnant with my first, I didn't yet know. I slept for 13 hours straight, and when I eventually woke up, I was really annoyed that I'd missed out on going to the beach.... but they said they couldn't wake me up... like couldn't !!!
Looking back, I'd have been quite worried if I couldn't wake someone up... but we'd been out the night before, and had a very lot to drink ( was before I knew I was pregnant ).

its probably just pregnancy fatigue but i was feeling very tired and run down and they found my vitamin B12 low and put me on supplements
so its worth checking it out, i think it might be even in routine blood tests
cant say yet whether it has helped bec i only started yesterday with the tablets

will let u guys know

its probably just pregnancy fatigue but i was feeling very tired and run down and they found my vitamin B12 low and put me on supplements
so its worth checking it out, i think it might be even in routine blood tests
cant say yet whether it has helped bec i only started yesterday with the tablets

will let u guys know

I was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia (vitamin B12 deficiency) just before I got PG. Have just finished my first course of injections and the tiredness is worse than ever. I've only just got up (its 13:34) and my eyes are watering from me struggling to keep them open :sleep:

ooooh im having trouble sleeping like last night for instance i got to sleep at roundbout 4am (finally) and got woke up by my moaning dad @ 6am...
"shouldnt you be up and gettin ready for work, you've got responsabilities now you know, you're getting lazy youre pregnant not dying now get your arse up for work" i physically couldnt i was sooooo tired i told my dad ill ring work for an emergancy hol... that made him worse. crap start to my day.
i think its because so many things are whrilin round my head. felt like nukin my dad!!!!!

Snowball - I would get your DH to pamper you completely - even when you stop feeling tired in trimester two!

I need 10hrs at night at least, otherwise im a right meanie...

Weekends I will sleep for at least 12 at night and go for a nap in the afternoon..

:hugs:

Hope it improves soon...i know im looking forward to it!!

My tiredness was terrible in the early weeks. On one occasion I had a good 8 hours sleep at night, got up about 6.30am as always, was up 4 hours in the morning, then slept on the sofa for another 6 hours, was awake maybe 3 hours slept for another hour, up for an hour or 2 and then went to bed. Felt so lazy.

Most of my days I'd spend several hours asleep on the sofa in the middle of the day and then go to bed really early. It's a tiredness which people can't possibly understand unless they've been through it.

:hi:, omg I'm actually feeling guilty about being so tired all i want to do is sleep on the couch with a blanket :sleep: . It doesnt help that I've started to get up 2 or 3 times a night to use the loo :loo:, when does that stop?!
I go back to work on monday & I work all different shifts as a nurse - I,m dreading it!
Just think though, it'll all be worth it in the end when we get to hold our little miracles :crib:

Hey Snowball. I know exactly how you feel. Before I got pregnant, I wasn't much of a sleeper. Now I sleep at least 10 hours every night and normally need a nap (or two or three) a day. I don't like being this sign, but our bodies are working the hardest they will ever work in our lives. :)

I've had a few days recently when I don't need a nap at all. Right now I am very very tired, I feel like if I don't go to sleep soon I'll drop (and OH doesn't get in from work until 8.30 so I have to cook dinner etc) I find it really surprising how tiring pregnancy is. I didn't expect this at all :) I also find the more tired I am the more nauseous I feel. And hungry too, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->