Tissues / hankies

Rachel_C

Reaction score
Does anybody use cotton hankies? It sounds like such an old lady thing to do but I have a cold (and hayfever :cry:) and every day I've been emptying an overflowing bin of paper tissues. It seems like such a waste of paper. So I did some searching and found packs of 4 plain white hankies for £5 here - https://www.femininewear.co.uk/moon-pads-flannel-hankies-p-668.html. I bought a pack to try and they arrived this morning. They're sooooo soft. My poor nose is sore from paper tissues, even the softest ones, so these are a very welcome change.

Am I an old lady?! I don't really like the idea of carrying round old snotty tissues so I think I'll just use these at home and they're only small so they're more a 'use once and wash' type than keeping them lying around for later. Definitely going to buy some more if these wash ok.

I hate tissues... always so rough on the nose when you have to keep wiping. Hankies all the way! But then it's weird, in my family people always use them. My dad even has embroidered hankies! Now THAT's grannyish! :rofl:

Last time i had a cold indoors i used some of emilia's wipes, worked perfectly and nice and soft!

Nooo, hankies all the way! Tissues are so last year dahhling:haha:

I dont use hankies, I had a cold the other week and was using Ts wipes..I have enough of them!
C and OH have hankies though, I hate finding tissues in pockets so they have hankies then I dont have to delve in every pocket before I wash...laziness!

I've never been able to get my head around carrying a snotty hanky around with you and reusing it so it's tissues all the way for me!

at home i've been using Q's muslins as i ran out of tissues :rofl:
but out and about i normally use tissues. (i have pocket packs)

fil has huge hankies and uses them all the time - they're big enough for him to knot and use as a head covering if it gets too hot!! :haha:

Our family has always used hankies so I have too. Kids used to laugh at me at school when I had a cold and bought in a pile of flowery/brightly patterned hankies.

our family used to, my dad still does (and my mum still irons them :rofl:) must admit i havent for a while, but i dont like tissues, the little fibres cause dust and make me sneeze more! and make my nose feel all dry! praps i should re-instigate the hanky habit, though not sure i could convince oh, his mate uses hankies and oh thought it was odd heheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->