Tjl 23/12/08

nessajane

Reaction score
My c-section was booked for the 23/12/08 and after having a very sleepless night we got up at 5.30am and started to get ready for the hospital. I was terrified and was feeling very sick and nervous but i knew i had to stay strong as if i didnt i would breakdown and make myself ill.

So we arrived at the hospital at 7.30am and was taken to the ward and was prepped ready for theatre, we had a little bit of a wait and this was the worst part as i was feeling very anxious and wanted to get it over and done with.

There was 2 of us waiting for elective csections and luckly i was called first due to My OH mum is a Ward Sister on Main delivery so she managed to get me in first :happydance:so at 9.45am they came to collect me and took me down to threatre. My OH had to change into scrubs and wait outside while i had my spinal block (suprisingly it didnt really hurt much)and had the catheter put in.
As i was about to get laid on the bed i cryed as i was so scared but the staff were lovely and really reassured me everything would be fine and told me i was doing really well as some women come into threatre screaming!!! :hissy:

Then a big blue sheet was put up and my OH came into threatre to sit with me and they did checks to make sure i was numb, and when i was off they went. I couldnt feel any pain at all just pulling sensations which was a little uncomfortable but nothing like i had imagined and before we knew it we heard our baby crying we couldnt get over how quickly he was born it took about 5 mins!!!!! Tyler was born at 10.17am, Baby was weighed, cleaned up etc and handed over to me to have a cwtch :cloud9: while they stitched me back up it took about 10-15 mins and before we knew it i was in recovery!!

I was in bed all day as i had to wait for the feeling in my legs to return..that took about 3/4 hours and early evening they got me out of bed to sit in the chair. The next morning they got me in the shower and i was pretty wobbly on my legs, i had alot of blood loss in the shower and felt faint so luckily they had a chair in the shower and i managed to sit down and pull the cord for help before fainting :cry: and i had to be wheeled back to bed but i felt better quite quickly and was then taken to the ward where i stayed for 1 night and then was discharged Christmas Morning with my Baby boy :cloud9::cloud9:

After many nights worrying about the operation i have to say the operation was not half as bad as i expected the worst part is the recovery, it has been painfull to even get up of the settee and stand up but im starting to feel alot better already :happydance:

Tyler James Lawson was born at 10.17am 23/12/08 weighing 8lbs 6oz :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Here are a few pics of my gorgeous baby boy that im soooo in love with....

Attachments

• 23122008274.jpg
    23122008274.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_0850.jpg
    100_0850.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 26122008289.jpg
    26122008289.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_0838.jpg
    100_0838.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0840.jpg
    100_0840.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 128
awww well done, he's gorgeous

congratulations
xxx

Such a handsome little man. Well done hun. Glad all went well after all your worries x x x x

Tyler is stunning hun, well done and glad everything went ok

Lou
xxx

Oh how adorable and handsome is he?!

Congratulations to you and yours! xxx

Congratulations hun - your little man is absolutely gorgeous...a real looker already!!! :happydance:

Bet you're on :cloud9:

Hope you're ok and recovering well...take care of yourself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations hes so cute!! Well done for being a brave mummy and staying calm during the op id be petrified too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->