(tmi alert!) Non stop diarrhea, advice!

novembergirl

Reaction score
Since yesterday evening I've had really bad crampy stomach pains and non-stop D & V. I'm sure it's just a bug or something cause my tummy is really bloated as well, but I'm feeling really rotten because I haven't slept at all and I'm making toilet runs every 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any advice about what's ok to take while pregnant? I've dug out some medicines from the cabinet but they're all labelled 'ask doctor's advice if pregnant' and obviously today is a bank holiday and impossible to get an appointment. I've been trying to just wait it out but I'm in really bad pain and really tired so I'm desperate for some relief from this!

Are you in uk? If so give NHS Direct a call and they will advise you with what you can take etc xx

sorry to hear that you're in so much pain :( How far along are you? And how bad are the stomach pains? If they are really bad, it may be worth ringing NHS 24 (presuming you are in UK) as bad stomach pain (esp if one sided) and diarrhea can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Hopefully it wont be that, but it would be good to rule it out. NHS 24 can advise you further on what sort of medication you can take as well. Hope you feel better soon x

I think it is just a bug, but I did call NHS direct because the pain is really really bad. They said to go into A &E just to check it out and my friend is going to take me there cause I'm getting really strong stomach pains and I don;t feel up to driving.

I'm a bit scared actually, but I hope it's just an upset tummy and they'll be able to give me something to stop it cause I feel like I can't take muhc more!

sorry to hear that you're in so much pain :( How far along are you? And how bad are the stomach pains? If they are really bad, it may be worth ringing NHS 24 (presuming you are in UK) as bad stomach pain (esp if one sided) and diarrhea can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Hopefully it wont be that, but it would be good to rule it out. NHS 24 can advise you further on what sort of medication you can take as well. Hope you feel better soon x

forgot to say I'm 10 weeks.

I will keep my fingers crossed that it is just a stomach bug and that you start to feel better soon xxx

I will keep my fingers crossed that it is just a stomach bug and that you start to feel better soon xxx

thanks. I'm sure its fine I'm just panixking a bit because it's my first pregnancy and also I never ever get stomach aches or diarrhea and at the moment I am totally bent double with both!

Do everything you can to stay hydrated. Dehydration is very dangerous in all stages of pregnancy. Even if you throw water right back up, keep drinking it.

I'm trying to but I can't keep anything down at all and i'm so tired of throwing up. i think its another reaon why they said go to a and e. i thnk my friend's finished work now so hopefully will go there pretty soon

a&e a good idea I think, let us know how you get on, and hopefully it's just a stomach bug! X

Sounds like a bug. I've had it to. Dont worry and get checked out

I just got home from the emergency room with the same thing, but mine has carried on for a couple weeks now. Doc said there is nothing safe to give for the diarrhea, but gave me something for vomiting and I have to follow up. I was also dehydrated and needed fluids. She said there's no good reason for it. I just hope it goes away soon.

Good news from me - I went to A & E and it was just a tummy bug, but they kept me in overnight anyway. I had to get rehydration and anti sickness drugs on IV and I think they were being a bit cautious because I'm type 1 diabetic and my sugar levels were all over the place by that point. Anyway, I felt in very safe hands which was nice.

Still feeling a bit grotty, stomach ache and haven't been able to keep food down, but at least the constant vomiting and diarrhea seems to have stopped.

Thanks for all the support and advice! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->