tmi bleeding after section

M

Maman

hi,

with my first section i only bled very lightly for like 2 days, this time im 8 days post section and im bleeding bright red and pretty heavy still. its intermittent, but yesterday for instance no bleedign then i went out and came home and as i sat down it literally poured out and id completely filled a maternity pad to the point you could have wrung it out (niiiccceee :sick:)

is this ok after a cesarean? i know it may be for natural birth but what about section?

My section was four weeks ago and I'm still bleeding a little. The bleeding was never heavy bit it's been pretty consistent (some days more than others). They told me to expect bleeding for ul to 6 weeks so I think it's normal. Hth!

I think this pretty normal hon. I bled for a week v lightly, then started again fir a couple weeks more which was massively heavy, clots and everything.

I bled for 6 wks after my section & went to the doc worrying it had been going on too long, he said up to 8 weeks is normal. :wacko:

Yes I was told you bleed more after a c-section, not sure why. I do remember wearing 2 pads for ages and when I stood up it would pour out (sorry tmi!) It happened in the hospital when I stood up for first time to get out of bed, I thought I had heamorraged when it gushed all over the floor but midwife said nope that's completely normal. It did slow down after about 3 weeks and stopped at 4 weeks exactly xxx

ok, phew! lol i thought id hurt myself! after last section and not really bleedign i had nothing to go on lol

Hi I had a secion 11 weeks ago (1st baby) and my bleeding at first was nothing really quite light and then i went days without anything and then it came heavier and heavier then nothing and then it was like your filled my pad like a big gush some days then it tapered off after 6 weeks. But if i walked too much or picked up something to heavy it started again xxx

I had a c-section 18 days ago, so fairly recently, and I'm still bleeding. I was told that if I did a lot one day then I would notice my bleeding would be heavier the next day...and it's true. I was also told I could bleed for weeks after, even 6 weeks later, and that it was completely normal.

Can't really comment as i've never had a section, just wanted to say Congratulations Maman :)

What did you call your LO? xx

Yes, i had fairly heavy bleeding, i actually felt it gush out of me at one point!!! It stopped after about 6 weeks xx Congratulations on your LO!

I had my section 17 days ago and Im still bleeding... When I'm standing for too long or I'm out and about shopping I start bleeding again heavierly and it annoys me! But I was told that doing too much will cause it to happen!

I had mine just over 3 weeks ago and am still bleeding. Never been anything more than a heavy period. It does taper off a little but then if I go out walking etc it can come back quite heavy again. I have been told this is normal and if too much walking/exercise etc does cause bleeding to take it easy. xx

I had mine 11 days ago and its tapered off quite a bit but today I have been out shopping for 4 hours or so and its come back with a vengance tonight.

Its always a good tell tale sign to slow down when it gets heavier

I bled for about 3 weeks after my EMCS...apparently I'm lucky it didn't last longer!

Although that was the last time I had any bleeding at all. Does anyone know if it makes a difference for future periods? I'm wondering what it will be like when AF eventually comes back... :shrug:

I'm still bleeding lightly four weeks on.

It's definitely true that if you over do it or do more one day that it becomes heavier.

its well annoyign isnt it. last time seriously, 2 days it was less than period, just a bit of spotting this time its like a river... id be feeling nearly normal if it stopped.

... cant wait to get down to business with my oh again. how long do we have to wait for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->