TMI but 38+5 and constipated

loz202

Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you ladies had and advice. I have been constipated for the last 3 days but today has been the worst can hardly sit down without it hurting currently it is midnight here and I am running my 3rd bath to see if that helps the pain as I can't sleep for it. It's just constant pressure in my bottom and when I feel I need to go it is so painful that I can't do anything!! So far today I have had 3 fybrogel sachets, loads of fresh orange juice and water and have tried prune juice 😒 But nothing is happening scared I case I still feel like this when labour starts or if it will make labour worse could just sit and cry.

Sorry your feeling like this!! Honestly if It were me i would do an enema i know some people don't recommend it saying it could cause labor but your at the end anyway and as for me i was so constipated i had to have at least one per week up till 20 weeks and nothing ever happened

Colace and apple juice. Since it sounds like you're taking fiber, be sure you are drinking TONS of extra water! It will block you up worse if you don't drink extra water to compensate.

Lots of water and if you're a coffee drinker normally, maybe a little bit of coffee throughout the day but I would be drinking lots of water along with the coffee and if you haven't been drinking it regularly throughout this pregnancy, I wouldn't drink more than a half cup every 6 hours

I'd second the cup of coffee -I'd gone off caffeine and when i stayed having this problem it was my doctor's first suggestion, worked like a charm. Hot water with lemon has also helped me.

It's pretty terrible and annoying.

Yep, in a pinch, a cup of coffee will get things moving. My midwife actually urged me to PLEASE drink coffee if nothing else was working.

Thanks ladies will try anything right now has the worst night! Not really a coffee drinker but will try it and I have been filling up a bottle with water to make sure I am drinking more of it and can keep track! Oh what we go through to have a baby. Thinking of phoning doctors and if everything else fails today. X

Not being a coffee drinker gives you a leg up in this case -- your body isn't used to its effects! I only drink coffee to get things moving now and then.

Thanks ladies nothing worked yesterday so ended up having to go into hospital for an enema was rather embarrassing but at the time I just wanted the pain to go away. Amazing how quickly it can work and midwife actually said that sometimes if you get that blocked up nothing else will work but an enema xx

I'm glad you're feeling better, I haven't had a lot of problems with constipation either until the last week or so, ugh! I'll probably take my own advice and have some coffee which I love but this pregnancy I've been hypersensitive to so I gave it up only having a couple sips here and there of hubby's ;) I did buy a two pack of enemas because I thought I'd do one before I went to the hospital however I've been tempted to do one here lately as I've been so backed up...but I know they say it can sometimes jumpstart labor which I'm expected to go early anyways but I'd hate to go earlier than what baby baby is ready for...I think I'll try to hold off until atleast 37 weeks if I haven't gone into labor then by myself.

I'm not actually sure if we can just buy the over here as my hubby joked last night asking for one home and she said it had to be prescribed from my doctor. Hopefully it's settles itself for you but I'm so glad I phone maternity Assesment or I'd probably still be in pain ended up I couldn't even pee either my body just wasn't letting me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->