TMI but the first poo?

Emmy1987

Mummy to a princess!
Reaction score
Hey first time posting in the baby section (eek) and I'm just wondering how painful my first poo really is going to be!

I expected the pee to hurt but thankfully it hasn't.

I tore badly but perineum is still in tact and I have a lot of stitches.

I want to request g&a to poo :blush: I've been on iron and codeine... I'm terrified!!!

Sorry sleepy ramblings...

Hi,

I had stitches after a traumatic birth. So down there was really sore and painful. For me personally, it hurt so much when I had my first poo and it still does now and again. :nope: Which has made me abit scared now to go when I have to. On occasions I have had bleeding aswell due to it all been delicate and tender down there still.

Hopefully you will be ok when you 'have to go'. Fingers crossed!!

I'm still on iron tablets, but only take one tablet instead of the two. As the midwife said iron tablets can make you abit 'bunged up'. So the one tablet I have stuck too, which I'm glad about as I don't want the extra pain when I go!!

As we all say, we are all different which includes how we all are 'down below' afterwards aswell. But I you are ok!!

xx

Aww try not to worry about it too much, it was fine for me and i had been on iron too the only thing I felt was a bit stingy on stitches and you feel like your muscles arent quite as strong but it didnt actually hurt x

Best advice is to make sure you drink loads and loads of water during the day to make sure you don't get constipated, relax and it probably won't be as bad as you think. You can always get lactulose over the counter at the chemist which is a stool softener if you find it really difficult to go ( it is not a laxative).

my first one wasn't that bad tbh - it was very runny (sorry tmi)

the first wee was the worst as it felt as though I had no control down there lol

try not to worry too much about it hun, as it will make it much worse

xx

Despite having stitches, and still being quite sore from the birth, the first poo wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong...it wasn't pleasant, but not as bad as I was expecting.
I left it until the last possible minute. I refused to go until I had no choice, and therefore I didn't really have control, iykwim...it came out at it's own speed. (sorry, TMI)
Just make sure to drink lots of water to help keep it soft. I also made sure to eat all of my veggies from my hospital meals....I wanted all the extra fiber I could get! lol

Thanks ladies!

I'm going to leave it until I'm close to having an accident, been eating all my veggies too and tons of water.

Ooh it's all very exciting! :thumbup:

Oh bless you hun :hugs:

I don't have a perineal tear, but I do have a heck of a lot of damage internally and lots and lots of stitches all up inside my vagina.

I was very worried about pooing, especially as I suffer from IBS related constipation. I am also taking Paracetamol and Ibuprofen all through the day.

However, I have got myself in a fantastic routine with my bowels :blush::haha: and must say that it's all been absolutely fine... the worst thing you can do is let yourself get constipated.

I have All Bran every morning with a banana, another piece of fruit with my lunch which consists of a sandwich with brown seeded bread, then two more pieces of fruit through the day. Water, water, water and then two Sainsbury's Senna at night.

I am going for a poo twice a day and it's very soft and easy to go. I hold a huge maternity pad on my vagina and push up into it whilst I am on the loo - best bit of advice given to me as it really does help.

With the iron tabs can you switch to Spatone? I used it in pregnancy and it's so gentle it doesn;t make you constipated.

I've now pooed twice! :thumbup:

I didn't push, just let it fall out (sorry tmi) and it didn't hurt!!

I've taken one tescos own senna at night and it just helps keep them soft.

Ibuprofen is my saviour now! Paracetamol has never done much for me so I'm glad I can have it again!

If you do start finding it more difficult, get some prunes in. I was amazed. They are so good for softening poo lol. I got quite constipated in the 2nd week after having a baby and they were a lifesaver. No harm trying :)

I made the nurse give me a suppository on the second day after birth so that I can poo as soon as possible. After I got home, a glass of prune juice a day was my friend. It's painless as long as you keep it soft in the first while. Peeing was way worse.

The horror! I had to have an assisted ventouse delivery with a episiotomy to deliver my baby girl. My episiotomy skin stitches burst the day after they were put in and I was told to leave them to heal naturally.
The first poo wasn't that bad....however, the second poo was probably worse than my labour. I sobbed on the toilet as I was slightly constipated and my cut runs very close to my bum! AGONY! I am actually very regular but my stool was still ripping open my cut every time I went and I started to put off going because it was so incredibly painful.

MIL then brought home some Movicol...and thank GOD for that! Next time I will start on that the second I go into labour!!

tmi but mine was horrible it hurt like hell and it was the biggest smelliest poo ive ever done in my life! i was so ashamed as my OH was pretty desp for the loo to and went in after me :( ahhh i had 2nd degree tearing and heamorraghed after birth and i kept holding the loo off i was in agony but had to go in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->